Jun 27, 2012, 3:21 PM EDT
There is a lot of jockeying at the top of the NBA draft board… well, not the very top. Anthony Davis is a lock.
But from pick No. 2 on down there are a handful of players that teams like and a more teams trying to get into position to pick them. Will Cleveland jump up to No. 2 to get Bradley Beal? What will the Wizards to at No. 3?
It likely shakes out like this — North Carolina’s Harrison Barnes and Kentucky’s Michael Kidd-Gilchrist will go fourth (currently Cleveland’s pick) and fifth (currently Sacramento) in some order. Which led to this little note in Chad Ford’s latest mock draft at ESPN.
Both guys desperately don’t want to go to Sacramento.
It is kind of moot for these guys, they have no choice on where they land. If one gets picked by Sacramento they will deny any report they didn’t want to go there and express how much they love to walk around Old Sacramento.
But if they feel that way, what are free agents saying?
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 14
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17