Jun 27, 2012, 1:08 PM EST
And as the draft nears, the rumors are flying fast and furious.
On that passes the smell test is this from Chris Broussard of ESPN on twitter:
Lots of teams calling Denver to trade for Nuggets’ young players. 1 of several moves being discussed: Wilson Chandler to G State for 7th pick
Wilson Chandler could fit with Golden State playing the three — if he is fully back from the hip surgery he had that ended his last season. He’s a quality small forward who can hit the three and defend. If this went through, Golden State’s starting lineup would be Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Chandler, David Lee and Andrew Bogut. If that lineup stays healthy (there are questions) and if the guys who have been injured can return to near former form, that’s a pretty good starting five.
It may not be this move, but don’t be shocked if Denver makes a move and if Golden State jumps out of the No. 7 spot.
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 0
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 2
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 11
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 12
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)