Jun 27, 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
And as the draft nears, the rumors are flying fast and furious.
On that passes the smell test is this from Chris Broussard of ESPN on twitter:
Lots of teams calling Denver to trade for Nuggets’ young players. 1 of several moves being discussed: Wilson Chandler to G State for 7th pick
Wilson Chandler could fit with Golden State playing the three — if he is fully back from the hip surgery he had that ended his last season. He’s a quality small forward who can hit the three and defend. If this went through, Golden State’s starting lineup would be Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Chandler, David Lee and Andrew Bogut. If that lineup stays healthy (there are questions) and if the guys who have been injured can return to near former form, that’s a pretty good starting five.
It may not be this move, but don’t be shocked if Denver makes a move and if Golden State jumps out of the No. 7 spot.
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 1
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 43