Jun 27, 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
And as the draft nears, the rumors are flying fast and furious.
On that passes the smell test is this from Chris Broussard of ESPN on twitter:
Lots of teams calling Denver to trade for Nuggets’ young players. 1 of several moves being discussed: Wilson Chandler to G State for 7th pick
Wilson Chandler could fit with Golden State playing the three — if he is fully back from the hip surgery he had that ended his last season. He’s a quality small forward who can hit the three and defend. If this went through, Golden State’s starting lineup would be Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Chandler, David Lee and Andrew Bogut. If that lineup stays healthy (there are questions) and if the guys who have been injured can return to near former form, that’s a pretty good starting five.
It may not be this move, but don’t be shocked if Denver makes a move and if Golden State jumps out of the No. 7 spot.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18