Jun 27, 2012, 1:52 PM EDT
In all the buzz about the Rockets trading Chase Budinger to get the No. 18 pick — a move clearly a precursor to other moves — there was a lot of talk about who might get moved with a pick so Houston can move up.
Rockets shooting guard Kevin Martin is also a possibility to be dealt. He has just one year left on his contract (worth $12.9 million) and is not looking to re-sign in Houston, according to sources close to him.
He certainly can shoot the rock — he averaged 17.1 points per game and shot 34.7 percent from three last season, and that was off from previous seasons when he shot much better — and while a team may not want to keep him at that price he has real value.
Just a name to watch as we know the Rockets are looking to make moves and shake things up.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 0
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10