Jun 27, 2012, 1:52 PM EDT
In all the buzz about the Rockets trading Chase Budinger to get the No. 18 pick — a move clearly a precursor to other moves — there was a lot of talk about who might get moved with a pick so Houston can move up.
Rockets shooting guard Kevin Martin is also a possibility to be dealt. He has just one year left on his contract (worth $12.9 million) and is not looking to re-sign in Houston, according to sources close to him.
He certainly can shoot the rock — he averaged 17.1 points per game and shot 34.7 percent from three last season, and that was off from previous seasons when he shot much better — and while a team may not want to keep him at that price he has real value.
Just a name to watch as we know the Rockets are looking to make moves and shake things up.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30