Jun 27, 2012, 1:52 PM EDT
In all the buzz about the Rockets trading Chase Budinger to get the No. 18 pick — a move clearly a precursor to other moves — there was a lot of talk about who might get moved with a pick so Houston can move up.
Rockets shooting guard Kevin Martin is also a possibility to be dealt. He has just one year left on his contract (worth $12.9 million) and is not looking to re-sign in Houston, according to sources close to him.
He certainly can shoot the rock — he averaged 17.1 points per game and shot 34.7 percent from three last season, and that was off from previous seasons when he shot much better — and while a team may not want to keep him at that price he has real value.
Just a name to watch as we know the Rockets are looking to make moves and shake things up.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 11
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 42
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22