Jun 27, 2012, 1:52 PM EDT
In all the buzz about the Rockets trading Chase Budinger to get the No. 18 pick — a move clearly a precursor to other moves — there was a lot of talk about who might get moved with a pick so Houston can move up.
Rockets shooting guard Kevin Martin is also a possibility to be dealt. He has just one year left on his contract (worth $12.9 million) and is not looking to re-sign in Houston, according to sources close to him.
He certainly can shoot the rock — he averaged 17.1 points per game and shot 34.7 percent from three last season, and that was off from previous seasons when he shot much better — and while a team may not want to keep him at that price he has real value.
Just a name to watch as we know the Rockets are looking to make moves and shake things up.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43