Jun 27, 2012, 1:52 PM EDT
In all the buzz about the Rockets trading Chase Budinger to get the No. 18 pick — a move clearly a precursor to other moves — there was a lot of talk about who might get moved with a pick so Houston can move up.
Rockets shooting guard Kevin Martin is also a possibility to be dealt. He has just one year left on his contract (worth $12.9 million) and is not looking to re-sign in Houston, according to sources close to him.
He certainly can shoot the rock — he averaged 17.1 points per game and shot 34.7 percent from three last season, and that was off from previous seasons when he shot much better — and while a team may not want to keep him at that price he has real value.
Just a name to watch as we know the Rockets are looking to make moves and shake things up.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 0
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 15
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6