Jun 27, 2012, 5:37 PM EST
Kris Humphries — somehow the most hated man in the NBA, because he married poorly — is a free agent. He can bring 13.8 points and 11 rebounds, some good and efficient production, to the highest bidder.
But what Humphries thinks that bid should be and what the rest of the NBA thinks could be different things.
Kris Humphries has told anybody who’d listen that he wants to return to the Nets, but Billy King hinted today that’s unrealistic unless he’s willing to back off his salary expectations. Reminded about Humphries’ desire to play in Brooklyn next season, King threw in a little jab (referencing a Hollywoodlife.com article in which Humphries said he wants to play for Team USA). “We’ll be in discussion with him and see what numerical number he’s looking for. He also said he wants to play for the Olympic team too,” King said.
As Bondy said, we need to be fair to Humphries on the Olympics question — a reporter asked him if he wanted to play in the Olympics, what is he going to say?
Humphries made $8 million last season, a big jump from previous years. My guess is he gets a multi-year deal in that range. But if he’s asking for a lot more in this NBA economy, he may be very disappointed.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6