Jun 27, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
Kris Humphries — somehow the most hated man in the NBA, because he married poorly — is a free agent. He can bring 13.8 points and 11 rebounds, some good and efficient production, to the highest bidder.
But what Humphries thinks that bid should be and what the rest of the NBA thinks could be different things.
Kris Humphries has told anybody who’d listen that he wants to return to the Nets, but Billy King hinted today that’s unrealistic unless he’s willing to back off his salary expectations. Reminded about Humphries’ desire to play in Brooklyn next season, King threw in a little jab (referencing a Hollywoodlife.com article in which Humphries said he wants to play for Team USA). “We’ll be in discussion with him and see what numerical number he’s looking for. He also said he wants to play for the Olympic team too,” King said.
As Bondy said, we need to be fair to Humphries on the Olympics question — a reporter asked him if he wanted to play in the Olympics, what is he going to say?
Humphries made $8 million last season, a big jump from previous years. My guess is he gets a multi-year deal in that range. But if he’s asking for a lot more in this NBA economy, he may be very disappointed.
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 10
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 19
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 11
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 11
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 19