Jun 27, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
Bradley Beal, the young Florida two guard that plays line an Eric Gordon-type, is going to go No. 2 or No. 3 on Thursday night. The Wizards love him at No. 3 and other teams that covet him — hello Cleveland! — will have make a deal with the Bobcats to get into the No. 2 slot if they want him.
You know who else covets Beal? The Oklahoma City Thunder.
That’s what Beal said on Wednesday, via Andy Katz of ESPN.
Beal told ESPN.com Wednesday that Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti told him during an interview in Chicago that he was interested in trying to move up to draft him. The Thunder’s first-round pick isn’t until No. 28.
“He told me he was going to decide what they’re going to do and considered getting up there,” Beal said.
I’m sure the Thunder could move into the No. 2 spot if Presti was willing to give up James Harden. So no, that’s not happening. Not even close.
But it shows you just how highly teams think of Beal right now.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 0
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 8
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 65
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 50
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 25
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4