Jun 27, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
Bradley Beal, the young Florida two guard that plays line an Eric Gordon-type, is going to go No. 2 or No. 3 on Thursday night. The Wizards love him at No. 3 and other teams that covet him — hello Cleveland! — will have make a deal with the Bobcats to get into the No. 2 slot if they want him.
You know who else covets Beal? The Oklahoma City Thunder.
That’s what Beal said on Wednesday, via Andy Katz of ESPN.
Beal told ESPN.com Wednesday that Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti told him during an interview in Chicago that he was interested in trying to move up to draft him. The Thunder’s first-round pick isn’t until No. 28.
“He told me he was going to decide what they’re going to do and considered getting up there,” Beal said.
I’m sure the Thunder could move into the No. 2 spot if Presti was willing to give up James Harden. So no, that’s not happening. Not even close.
But it shows you just how highly teams think of Beal right now.
- Steve Kerr talks Knicks, coaching with Dan Patrick (VIDEO) 0
- NBA Power Rankings: Spurs, Clippers are your clear top two 3
- The Extra Pass: This season’s record number of threes is just the start 8
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 8
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 20