Jun 27, 2012, 9:59 PM EST
Bradley Beal, the young Florida two guard that plays line an Eric Gordon-type, is going to go No. 2 or No. 3 on Thursday night. The Wizards love him at No. 3 and other teams that covet him — hello Cleveland! — will have make a deal with the Bobcats to get into the No. 2 slot if they want him.
You know who else covets Beal? The Oklahoma City Thunder.
That’s what Beal said on Wednesday, via Andy Katz of ESPN.
Beal told ESPN.com Wednesday that Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti told him during an interview in Chicago that he was interested in trying to move up to draft him. The Thunder’s first-round pick isn’t until No. 28.
“He told me he was going to decide what they’re going to do and considered getting up there,” Beal said.
I’m sure the Thunder could move into the No. 2 spot if Presti was willing to give up James Harden. So no, that’s not happening. Not even close.
But it shows you just how highly teams think of Beal right now.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 27
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10