Jun 27, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
Bradley Beal, the young Florida two guard that plays line an Eric Gordon-type, is going to go No. 2 or No. 3 on Thursday night. The Wizards love him at No. 3 and other teams that covet him — hello Cleveland! — will have make a deal with the Bobcats to get into the No. 2 slot if they want him.
You know who else covets Beal? The Oklahoma City Thunder.
That’s what Beal said on Wednesday, via Andy Katz of ESPN.
Beal told ESPN.com Wednesday that Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti told him during an interview in Chicago that he was interested in trying to move up to draft him. The Thunder’s first-round pick isn’t until No. 28.
“He told me he was going to decide what they’re going to do and considered getting up there,” Beal said.
I’m sure the Thunder could move into the No. 2 spot if Presti was willing to give up James Harden. So no, that’s not happening. Not even close.
But it shows you just how highly teams think of Beal right now.
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 3
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1