Jun 27, 2012, 9:59 PM EST
Bradley Beal, the young Florida two guard that plays line an Eric Gordon-type, is going to go No. 2 or No. 3 on Thursday night. The Wizards love him at No. 3 and other teams that covet him — hello Cleveland! — will have make a deal with the Bobcats to get into the No. 2 slot if they want him.
You know who else covets Beal? The Oklahoma City Thunder.
That’s what Beal said on Wednesday, via Andy Katz of ESPN.
Beal told ESPN.com Wednesday that Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti told him during an interview in Chicago that he was interested in trying to move up to draft him. The Thunder’s first-round pick isn’t until No. 28.
“He told me he was going to decide what they’re going to do and considered getting up there,” Beal said.
I’m sure the Thunder could move into the No. 2 spot if Presti was willing to give up James Harden. So no, that’s not happening. Not even close.
But it shows you just how highly teams think of Beal right now.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 7
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16