Jun 27, 2012, 5:09 PM EDT
Baron Davis has a long, long road back.
He tore his ACL and his MCL — that’s hard to bounce back from if you are 23, not 33 like Davis. And Davis’ reputation has not been that of a guy who worked hard at his rehab or through the off-season to keep in top condition before this, is he really going to be dedicated to it now?
“I don’t know how long (for the brace and crutch), but once I am done, it’s on to rehab,” said Davis. “I am coming back.”
And he wants to stay and play in New York for the Knicks.
“I think that people, the fans are kids out here playing basketball right now, dedicating their lives to it, I felt that. I felt that NY is the mecca of basketball,” Davis said. “The love that I have for basketball, I feel it here. This is the best stage and the best opportunity, to play for a top-notch team.”
When he was in shape and on his game, dishing in transition not settling for pull-up threes, he was one of my favorite players to watch over the past decade. He played with joy. He played beautifully. He could light up a crowd like few others.
I wish we could live that again, but I just don’t see him coming back from this.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games