Jun 26, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
It means nothing, really. Being in the green room doesn’t impact your draft status. All it really says is that a very button down league that doesn’t want embarrassment is convinced these guys will go in the lottery.
Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress leaked the list of names of guys who got invited to the NBA Draft night green room (the holding room for television purposes). They are:
No real surprises there, although it is possible Lamb or Leonard are there a little longer than expected.
So what big names did not make the list? Or, put another way, who is falling down the board and the league didn’t want the cameras on him? Jared Sullinger, Terrence Ross and Perry Jones III are the names that leap out. We knew Sullinger was falling, especially after his medial red flags. And teams are backing off Jones with concerns about his passion for the game and to improve.
Still, you shouldn’t read too much into this. Except for Anthony Davis, not much question there. Read whatever you want there.
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 1
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 9
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17