Jun 26, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
It means nothing, really. Being in the green room doesn’t impact your draft status. All it really says is that a very button down league that doesn’t want embarrassment is convinced these guys will go in the lottery.
Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress leaked the list of names of guys who got invited to the NBA Draft night green room (the holding room for television purposes). They are:
No real surprises there, although it is possible Lamb or Leonard are there a little longer than expected.
So what big names did not make the list? Or, put another way, who is falling down the board and the league didn’t want the cameras on him? Jared Sullinger, Terrence Ross and Perry Jones III are the names that leap out. We knew Sullinger was falling, especially after his medial red flags. And teams are backing off Jones with concerns about his passion for the game and to improve.
Still, you shouldn’t read too much into this. Except for Anthony Davis, not much question there. Read whatever you want there.
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 1
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 27
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26