Jun 26, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
It means nothing, really. Being in the green room doesn’t impact your draft status. All it really says is that a very button down league that doesn’t want embarrassment is convinced these guys will go in the lottery.
Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress leaked the list of names of guys who got invited to the NBA Draft night green room (the holding room for television purposes). They are:
No real surprises there, although it is possible Lamb or Leonard are there a little longer than expected.
So what big names did not make the list? Or, put another way, who is falling down the board and the league didn’t want the cameras on him? Jared Sullinger, Terrence Ross and Perry Jones III are the names that leap out. We knew Sullinger was falling, especially after his medial red flags. And teams are backing off Jones with concerns about his passion for the game and to improve.
Still, you shouldn’t read too much into this. Except for Anthony Davis, not much question there. Read whatever you want there.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4