Jun 26, 2012, 7:55 AM EST
It means nothing, really. Being in the green room doesn’t impact your draft status. All it really says is that a very button down league that doesn’t want embarrassment is convinced these guys will go in the lottery.
Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress leaked the list of names of guys who got invited to the NBA Draft night green room (the holding room for television purposes). They are:
No real surprises there, although it is possible Lamb or Leonard are there a little longer than expected.
So what big names did not make the list? Or, put another way, who is falling down the board and the league didn’t want the cameras on him? Jared Sullinger, Terrence Ross and Perry Jones III are the names that leap out. We knew Sullinger was falling, especially after his medial red flags. And teams are backing off Jones with concerns about his passion for the game and to improve.
Still, you shouldn’t read too much into this. Except for Anthony Davis, not much question there. Read whatever you want there.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12