Jun 26, 2012, 12:19 PM EDT
Deron Williams is the best free agent on the market this summer and reportedly he either stays with the Nets and leads them into Brooklyn, or he heads to his home town of Dallas, teams up with Dirk Nowiztki and hangs with Mark Cuban.
The Nets want Williams to know how much they love him. They really, really want him to know. Today is D-Will’s birthday — happy 28th! — and the Nets put up a not-so-subtle sign in front of his home today. The Instragram photo was posted by Amy Williams (hat tip to John Schuhmann of NBA.com).
That is so much better than just a Facebook message.
Of course, Mark Cuban has probably hired a blimp to fly around Williams’ house all day flashing a “Happy Birthday from your friends in Dallas” message. Or something like that.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 0
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48