Jun 26, 2012, 12:19 PM EDT
Deron Williams is the best free agent on the market this summer and reportedly he either stays with the Nets and leads them into Brooklyn, or he heads to his home town of Dallas, teams up with Dirk Nowiztki and hangs with Mark Cuban.
The Nets want Williams to know how much they love him. They really, really want him to know. Today is D-Will’s birthday — happy 28th! — and the Nets put up a not-so-subtle sign in front of his home today. The Instragram photo was posted by Amy Williams (hat tip to John Schuhmann of NBA.com).
That is so much better than just a Facebook message.
Of course, Mark Cuban has probably hired a blimp to fly around Williams’ house all day flashing a “Happy Birthday from your friends in Dallas” message. Or something like that.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 41
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 59
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 23