Jun 26, 2012, 12:19 PM EST
Deron Williams is the best free agent on the market this summer and reportedly he either stays with the Nets and leads them into Brooklyn, or he heads to his home town of Dallas, teams up with Dirk Nowiztki and hangs with Mark Cuban.
The Nets want Williams to know how much they love him. They really, really want him to know. Today is D-Will’s birthday — happy 28th! — and the Nets put up a not-so-subtle sign in front of his home today. The Instragram photo was posted by Amy Williams (hat tip to John Schuhmann of NBA.com).
That is so much better than just a Facebook message.
Of course, Mark Cuban has probably hired a blimp to fly around Williams’ house all day flashing a “Happy Birthday from your friends in Dallas” message. Or something like that.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 0
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 8
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 19
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30