Jun 25, 2012, 11:24 PM EDT
Andre Drummond is one of the big questions — or if you prefer, big risks — of this NBA Draft. He could be the second best player in this draft, or he could flame out like a late second rounder.
One good measuring stick — what do his college teammates say about him?
UConn G Jeremy Lamb on UConn C Andre Drummond’s NBA potential: “It depends on if he wants to work.”
And that sums it up.
But does he want it? He was the most athletic big on the floor every night last year in college and averaged 10 points and 7 rebounds a game. You can tout him as losing 22 pounds after the end of the season and before workouts — a lot of guys tighten up physically — but why didn’t he make that conditioning a priority before.
He could be very good. I hope he is. But the reports out of his workouts have not been good and no even his teammates seem to have questions. There are risks.
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 0
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22