Jun 25, 2012, 11:24 PM EDT
Andre Drummond is one of the big questions — or if you prefer, big risks — of this NBA Draft. He could be the second best player in this draft, or he could flame out like a late second rounder.
One good measuring stick — what do his college teammates say about him?
UConn G Jeremy Lamb on UConn C Andre Drummond’s NBA potential: “It depends on if he wants to work.”
And that sums it up.
But does he want it? He was the most athletic big on the floor every night last year in college and averaged 10 points and 7 rebounds a game. You can tout him as losing 22 pounds after the end of the season and before workouts — a lot of guys tighten up physically — but why didn’t he make that conditioning a priority before.
He could be very good. I hope he is. But the reports out of his workouts have not been good and no even his teammates seem to have questions. There are risks.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10