Jun 25, 2012, 11:24 PM EDT
Andre Drummond is one of the big questions — or if you prefer, big risks — of this NBA Draft. He could be the second best player in this draft, or he could flame out like a late second rounder.
One good measuring stick — what do his college teammates say about him?
UConn G Jeremy Lamb on UConn C Andre Drummond’s NBA potential: “It depends on if he wants to work.”
And that sums it up.
But does he want it? He was the most athletic big on the floor every night last year in college and averaged 10 points and 7 rebounds a game. You can tout him as losing 22 pounds after the end of the season and before workouts — a lot of guys tighten up physically — but why didn’t he make that conditioning a priority before.
He could be very good. I hope he is. But the reports out of his workouts have not been good and no even his teammates seem to have questions. There are risks.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28