Jun 25, 2012, 1:26 PM EST
So you’re in the hotel getting ready for the biggest day of your life — your wedding day — and through the lobby strolls newly crowned NBA champion and MVP LeBron James.
Do you throw the “bride and groom don’t see each other before the wedding” tradition out the window, piss off the wedding planner and her schedule, and get a picture with him?
Heck yes you do, especially if you’re a Heat fan like Jamie Kolnick. That’s what just happened in Miami, as the story is told at the Huffington Post.
The NBA champion of all of two days happened to be meeting a Sports Illustrated reporter at the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove just before Kolnick tied the knot on the property, and the Miami native and new husband Shaun were able to snag the pre-wedding snap of a lifetime — never mind that eager onlookers uploaded cell phone photos of the bride to Facebook before she’d even walked down the aisle.
“I was like, ‘Who cares? It’s a photo with LeBron!’ It was really unexpected and exciting,” said Kolnick. “Shaun was like, ‘That’s enough! We don’t need to get married anymore.'”
The photo above is from Cengiz Ozelsel, the wedding photographer at Adagion.com, via the Huffington post.
This is not out of character for LeBron, remember he led some Heat players past security at one point to speak to military members at an airport.
And go ahead and comment on LeBron’s shirt, I know you are going to anyway.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8