LeBron jumps into wedding photo for couple in Miami

Jun 25, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT

o-LEBRON-JAMES-WEDDING-SHAUN-JAMIE-KOLNICK-570

So you’re in the hotel getting ready for the biggest day of your life — your wedding day — and through the lobby strolls newly crowned NBA champion and MVP LeBron James.

Do you throw the “bride and groom don’t see each other before the wedding” tradition out the window, piss off the wedding planner and her schedule, and get a picture with him?

Heck yes you do, especially if you’re a Heat fan like Jamie Kolnick. That’s what just happened in Miami, as the story is told at the Huffington Post.

The NBA champion of all of two days happened to be meeting a Sports Illustrated reporter at the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove just before Kolnick tied the knot on the property, and the Miami native and new husband Shaun were able to snag the pre-wedding snap of a lifetime — never mind that eager onlookers uploaded cell phone photos of the bride to Facebook before she’d even walked down the aisle.

“I was like, ‘Who cares? It’s a photo with LeBron!’ It was really unexpected and exciting,” said Kolnick. “Shaun was like, ‘That’s enough! We don’t need to get married anymore.’”

The photo above is from Cengiz Ozelsel, the wedding photographer at Adagion.com, via the Huffington post.

This is not out of character for LeBron, remember he led some Heat players past security at one point to speak to military members at an airport.

And go ahead and comment on LeBron’s shirt, I know you are going to anyway.

1. spellingcopfather - Jun 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Sounds like LBJ can $3x her, if he wanted too!!!

2. thetooloftools - Jun 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM

That shirt is a hoot. How about “Colluded not Earned”. That ring is tainted.

• barkley4life - Jun 25, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Spoken like a moron…..I guess Shaq’s rings in L.A are tainted too.

• edweird0 - Jun 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Not as tainted as Garnets! Lol jackass

• Mr. Wright 212 - Jun 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM

No. One game in 2002 does not excuse the refs helping the Heat to 10 playoff wins this year with abhorrent cheating.

• Mr. Wright 212 - Jun 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I could have fainted when I saw that last night on ESPN. GIVEN NOT EARNED!

• canehouse - Jun 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

had you fainted… and when you finally came through… The Miami HEAT would have been still NBA Champs for 2012!!!

You’re a fuk-head loser biotch!

• blueintown - Jun 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Kiss the ring, Mr. Wright.

• Tim Donaghy Institute of Refereeing - Jun 25, 2012 at 6:02 PM

What ring did you win? Oh, you mean by those guys you watch on TV….

• david8726 - Jun 26, 2012 at 5:27 AM

Cry more, your tears sustain us.

• blueintown - Jun 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I could be wrong, Tim. But I believe I said kiss the ring, not kiss my ring.

• david8726 - Jun 26, 2012 at 5:25 AM

Your name has never been more fitting.

3. 1972wasalongtimeago - Jun 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I think the shirt was a reference to the wedding ring and was a gift from the bride to her wedding party.

4. dgforreal - Jun 25, 2012 at 2:07 PM

The bride has more rings than Lebron.

Just having fun Heat fans, please don’t destroy me. Congrats.

• Tim Donaghy Institute of Refereeing - Jun 25, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Hater!

5. bleedburgandyandgold - Jun 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I’m not a heat fan or a LBJ fan or hater but it was pretty cool of him to do that for them plus I respect the other stuff he does for us normal ppl keep it up LeBron and u might make me a fan!

• savvybynature - Jun 25, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Well it’s the least a “King” could do before sending us normal, peasant folk back to our “miserable lives.”

6. jimeejohnson - Jun 25, 2012 at 2:51 PM

One of the best aspects of the Heat’s victory is the way it effects the haters. It’s almost as if Satan himself has been wounded, emotionally and physically. Congratulations to the King, Lebron James, and the Miami Heat and their fans. I’m not one of them, but have no time to hate. Life’s too short.

7. zblott - Jun 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM

“Earned Not Given” shirt on the guy who gave himself the King nickname over 10 years ago early in high school and he still can’t figure out why people think he’s totally full of himself.

• ceschatz - Jun 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM

If you actually did your research you would find out that it was a magazine that gave him the nickname, not himself.

8. sknut - Jun 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Any truth to the rumor that he also joined in on the wedding night festivities?

9. sdelmonte - Jun 25, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Boy, he’s tall. Which we all know. But seeing all those tall guys on the court removes the right context. It’s only when you see them with people of average height do you get the idea.

• dgforreal - Jun 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Ain’t it the truth. My kid for whatever wild reason thought that Chris Bosh was the same height as me… I’m 5’9″

• badintent - Jun 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I ‘m average height for an American. I’m short for a college basketball player, 6’4″. Really short for a NBA player. which makes you a midget or widget or something that Steven Hawkings looks at all day in his telescope.

• savvybynature - Jun 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM

6′ 4″ isn’t average height for an American. Don’t forget to hit those books in addition to the court while in college. Unless you have some serious ball-handling skills and court vision, sounds like you’ll need it.

10. nokoolaidcowboy - Jun 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Not Lebron fan but I think it’s cool when sports celebrities take time do something like this. It probably took a moment and the groom is a fan. It’s all good!

11. eaglessuperfan - Jun 25, 2012 at 4:54 PM

You can’t hate on him for this very cool thing to do. The shirt on the other hand? Really? Lebron, things like that shirt is why people hate you.

12. chicagosworth - Jun 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Who cares

13. cwilson6843 - Jun 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Man if u can’t respect the excitement lebron brings to the NBA then you’re not a fan. I mean seriously people are lame for hating him, but the sad truth is everyone hates him because his “decision” was not to go to your team. give it up and enjoy his game while you still can. I’m a total lebron fan. it was disappointing last season, but I stuck with it cuz we all kno he is a champ. hate it or love it

14. ajpurp - Jun 26, 2012 at 12:38 AM

First, average height for an American male is 5’11 or ’10 I can’t remember, average height for an American is much much lower, being as this includes women.

15. fincity305 - Jun 26, 2012 at 3:10 AM

I love that the only haters left include buckeye fans, knick fans, celtic fans, and Kobe fans.. LONG LIVE THE KING!!!

16. 700levelvet - Jun 26, 2012 at 9:25 AM

The shirt should read….

Stern’ed…
    Not……
    Earned……..

17. bullishv8 - Jun 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM

WHO CARES,,, About Lebron..???
    I want to see more pictures of her.. She’s Hot..

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches