Jun 25, 2012, 1:26 PM EST
So you’re in the hotel getting ready for the biggest day of your life — your wedding day — and through the lobby strolls newly crowned NBA champion and MVP LeBron James.
Do you throw the “bride and groom don’t see each other before the wedding” tradition out the window, piss off the wedding planner and her schedule, and get a picture with him?
Heck yes you do, especially if you’re a Heat fan like Jamie Kolnick. That’s what just happened in Miami, as the story is told at the Huffington Post.
The NBA champion of all of two days happened to be meeting a Sports Illustrated reporter at the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove just before Kolnick tied the knot on the property, and the Miami native and new husband Shaun were able to snag the pre-wedding snap of a lifetime — never mind that eager onlookers uploaded cell phone photos of the bride to Facebook before she’d even walked down the aisle.
“I was like, ‘Who cares? It’s a photo with LeBron!’ It was really unexpected and exciting,” said Kolnick. “Shaun was like, ‘That’s enough! We don’t need to get married anymore.'”
The photo above is from Cengiz Ozelsel, the wedding photographer at Adagion.com, via the Huffington post.
This is not out of character for LeBron, remember he led some Heat players past security at one point to speak to military members at an airport.
And go ahead and comment on LeBron’s shirt, I know you are going to anyway.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 8
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13