Jun 25, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
So you’re in the hotel getting ready for the biggest day of your life — your wedding day — and through the lobby strolls newly crowned NBA champion and MVP LeBron James.
Do you throw the “bride and groom don’t see each other before the wedding” tradition out the window, piss off the wedding planner and her schedule, and get a picture with him?
Heck yes you do, especially if you’re a Heat fan like Jamie Kolnick. That’s what just happened in Miami, as the story is told at the Huffington Post.
The NBA champion of all of two days happened to be meeting a Sports Illustrated reporter at the Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove just before Kolnick tied the knot on the property, and the Miami native and new husband Shaun were able to snag the pre-wedding snap of a lifetime — never mind that eager onlookers uploaded cell phone photos of the bride to Facebook before she’d even walked down the aisle.
“I was like, ‘Who cares? It’s a photo with LeBron!’ It was really unexpected and exciting,” said Kolnick. “Shaun was like, ‘That’s enough! We don’t need to get married anymore.’”
The photo above is from Cengiz Ozelsel, the wedding photographer at Adagion.com, via the Huffington post.
This is not out of character for LeBron, remember he led some Heat players past security at one point to speak to military members at an airport.
And go ahead and comment on LeBron’s shirt, I know you are going to anyway.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 0
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 39
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 30
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91