Jun 25, 2012, 6:08 PM EDT
Anthony Davis is going to be a star.
Well, nothing is ever a sure thing. But as much as you can know a guy is a franchise player, Anthony Davis is going to be one. It’s why he is a lock to be the No. 1 overall pick of the New Orleans Hornets come Thursday night. And that status comes with marketing opportunities galore.
So Davis has trademarked his most prominent feature — his unibrow — reports Darren Rovel at CNBC.com.
Davis, known for his connected eyebrows, trademarked the phrases “Fear The Brow” and “Raise The Brow” earlier this month.
“I don’t want anyone to try to grow a unibrow because of me and then try to make money off of it,” Davis told CNBC. “Me and my family decided to trademark it because it’s very u
Shirts with those saying or just a unibrow picture were all over Kentucky last year. Of course, as an amateur, Davis didn’t see of piece of this, only the university and its athletic department did. But sure, the current NCAA amateur system is great.
As a pro, things are different. And you can bet some unibrow marketing ideas are being worked on in the New Orleans Hornets offices right now. Smart money says Friday morning shirts will be available online.
Smart move by Davis.
But dude, it’s still a unibrow. This is all a little weird. And some veterans may still sit on him and shave that thing this season.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 1
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 38
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record