Jun 25, 2012, 6:08 PM EDT
Anthony Davis is going to be a star.
Well, nothing is ever a sure thing. But as much as you can know a guy is a franchise player, Anthony Davis is going to be one. It’s why he is a lock to be the No. 1 overall pick of the New Orleans Hornets come Thursday night. And that status comes with marketing opportunities galore.
So Davis has trademarked his most prominent feature — his unibrow — reports Darren Rovel at CNBC.com.
Davis, known for his connected eyebrows, trademarked the phrases “Fear The Brow” and “Raise The Brow” earlier this month.
“I don’t want anyone to try to grow a unibrow because of me and then try to make money off of it,” Davis told CNBC. “Me and my family decided to trademark it because it’s very u
Shirts with those saying or just a unibrow picture were all over Kentucky last year. Of course, as an amateur, Davis didn’t see of piece of this, only the university and its athletic department did. But sure, the current NCAA amateur system is great.
As a pro, things are different. And you can bet some unibrow marketing ideas are being worked on in the New Orleans Hornets offices right now. Smart money says Friday morning shirts will be available online.
Smart move by Davis.
But dude, it’s still a unibrow. This is all a little weird. And some veterans may still sit on him and shave that thing this season.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 0
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 7
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 7
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 19
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 10