Jun 24, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
He had to have surgery or he could have lost an eye injured as a bystander in a TMZ dream fight in a club in New York, and in a couple weeks he’s flying back to the United States to have an eye specialist look at it, reports Emiliano Carchia of the fantastic international hoops site Sportando.
The doctor has given him the green light to play in the London Olympics for France, Sportando adds.
Paker and his girl just happened to be in the nightclub where Drake and Chris Brown (and their entourages) got in a fight over Rihanna (who both of them dated, as has the Knicks’ J.R. Smith, so draw your own conclusions, but she reportedly likes a good party).
When the fight got out of hand and bottles started flying, Parker tried to protect his date and took a bottle off the eye. He ended up with a scratched cornea and said that the bottle penetrated his eye and he almost lost it.
Parker has sued the owners of the New York club for $20 million for allowing the fight to happen (having the feuding stars in the club and giving them plenty of drinks). Parker is not going to get that much, but you can see why he might be frustrated. Actually, more like pissed off.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48