Jun 24, 2012, 3:12 PM EST
He had to have surgery or he could have lost an eye injured as a bystander in a TMZ dream fight in a club in New York, and in a couple weeks he’s flying back to the United States to have an eye specialist look at it, reports Emiliano Carchia of the fantastic international hoops site Sportando.
The doctor has given him the green light to play in the London Olympics for France, Sportando adds.
Paker and his girl just happened to be in the nightclub where Drake and Chris Brown (and their entourages) got in a fight over Rihanna (who both of them dated, as has the Knicks’ J.R. Smith, so draw your own conclusions, but she reportedly likes a good party).
When the fight got out of hand and bottles started flying, Parker tried to protect his date and took a bottle off the eye. He ended up with a scratched cornea and said that the bottle penetrated his eye and he almost lost it.
Parker has sued the owners of the New York club for $20 million for allowing the fight to happen (having the feuding stars in the club and giving them plenty of drinks). Parker is not going to get that much, but you can see why he might be frustrated. Actually, more like pissed off.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 6
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 3
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 46
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45