Jun 24, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
He had to have surgery or he could have lost an eye injured as a bystander in a TMZ dream fight in a club in New York, and in a couple weeks he’s flying back to the United States to have an eye specialist look at it, reports Emiliano Carchia of the fantastic international hoops site Sportando.
The doctor has given him the green light to play in the London Olympics for France, Sportando adds.
Paker and his girl just happened to be in the nightclub where Drake and Chris Brown (and their entourages) got in a fight over Rihanna (who both of them dated, as has the Knicks’ J.R. Smith, so draw your own conclusions, but she reportedly likes a good party).
When the fight got out of hand and bottles started flying, Parker tried to protect his date and took a bottle off the eye. He ended up with a scratched cornea and said that the bottle penetrated his eye and he almost lost it.
Parker has sued the owners of the New York club for $20 million for allowing the fight to happen (having the feuding stars in the club and giving them plenty of drinks). Parker is not going to get that much, but you can see why he might be frustrated. Actually, more like pissed off.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11