Jun 24, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
He had to have surgery or he could have lost an eye injured as a bystander in a TMZ dream fight in a club in New York, and in a couple weeks he’s flying back to the United States to have an eye specialist look at it, reports Emiliano Carchia of the fantastic international hoops site Sportando.
The doctor has given him the green light to play in the London Olympics for France, Sportando adds.
Paker and his girl just happened to be in the nightclub where Drake and Chris Brown (and their entourages) got in a fight over Rihanna (who both of them dated, as has the Knicks’ J.R. Smith, so draw your own conclusions, but she reportedly likes a good party).
When the fight got out of hand and bottles started flying, Parker tried to protect his date and took a bottle off the eye. He ended up with a scratched cornea and said that the bottle penetrated his eye and he almost lost it.
Parker has sued the owners of the New York club for $20 million for allowing the fight to happen (having the feuding stars in the club and giving them plenty of drinks). Parker is not going to get that much, but you can see why he might be frustrated. Actually, more like pissed off.
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 0
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20