Jun 22, 2012, 1:14 AM EDT
Immediately following the Heat’s Game 5 victory over the Thunder that sealed their 2012 NBA championship, Nike released this video celebrating LeBron James‘ role in the accomplishment. The video is entitled “The Ring Maker,” and is described in the official release like this:
“To honor one of LeBron’s finest career achievements, Nike launched a new campaign that celebrates the determination and perseverance needed to win a championship. The TV spot, which debuted immediately following Miami’s victory, acknowledges what LeBron has known his whole life – that destiny is earned, not given.
Since his rookie season in 2003, LeBron has been on an epic journey – a journey of expectation, success, challenge and ultimately victory. Nike’s spot chronicles those memorable career moments which have molded LeBron and fueled his motivation to succeed.
The story is told through a jeweler who begins working on a championship ring when LeBron is a young phenom, crafts it over the highs and lows of LeBron’s first eight years in the league, and then finishes it just in time to be delivered for the 3-time MVP’s first championship.”
If you consider yourself a basketball fan in any capacity, then you have to be extremely satisfied with seeing LeBron James win his first title. The best player in the game and a three-time MVP finally took home the most important piece of hardware, and he was an integral part of making that championship a reality for this Miami Heat team.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 67
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31