Jun 22, 2012, 1:14 AM EST
Immediately following the Heat’s Game 5 victory over the Thunder that sealed their 2012 NBA championship, Nike released this video celebrating LeBron James‘ role in the accomplishment. The video is entitled “The Ring Maker,” and is described in the official release like this:
“To honor one of LeBron’s finest career achievements, Nike launched a new campaign that celebrates the determination and perseverance needed to win a championship. The TV spot, which debuted immediately following Miami’s victory, acknowledges what LeBron has known his whole life – that destiny is earned, not given.
Since his rookie season in 2003, LeBron has been on an epic journey – a journey of expectation, success, challenge and ultimately victory. Nike’s spot chronicles those memorable career moments which have molded LeBron and fueled his motivation to succeed.
The story is told through a jeweler who begins working on a championship ring when LeBron is a young phenom, crafts it over the highs and lows of LeBron’s first eight years in the league, and then finishes it just in time to be delivered for the 3-time MVP’s first championship.”
If you consider yourself a basketball fan in any capacity, then you have to be extremely satisfied with seeing LeBron James win his first title. The best player in the game and a three-time MVP finally took home the most important piece of hardware, and he was an integral part of making that championship a reality for this Miami Heat team.
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 0
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 10
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (50)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)