Jun 22, 2012, 1:14 AM EDT
Immediately following the Heat’s Game 5 victory over the Thunder that sealed their 2012 NBA championship, Nike released this video celebrating LeBron James‘ role in the accomplishment. The video is entitled “The Ring Maker,” and is described in the official release like this:
“To honor one of LeBron’s finest career achievements, Nike launched a new campaign that celebrates the determination and perseverance needed to win a championship. The TV spot, which debuted immediately following Miami’s victory, acknowledges what LeBron has known his whole life – that destiny is earned, not given.
Since his rookie season in 2003, LeBron has been on an epic journey – a journey of expectation, success, challenge and ultimately victory. Nike’s spot chronicles those memorable career moments which have molded LeBron and fueled his motivation to succeed.
The story is told through a jeweler who begins working on a championship ring when LeBron is a young phenom, crafts it over the highs and lows of LeBron’s first eight years in the league, and then finishes it just in time to be delivered for the 3-time MVP’s first championship.”
If you consider yourself a basketball fan in any capacity, then you have to be extremely satisfied with seeing LeBron James win his first title. The best player in the game and a three-time MVP finally took home the most important piece of hardware, and he was an integral part of making that championship a reality for this Miami Heat team.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 19
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 17
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80