Jun 22, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
Thunder fans, you may want to avert your eyes. This wasn’t a pretty ending to your season.
But it was a real coronation of the Miami Heat as champions that turned into a rout and a 12-minute fourth quarter party leading up to the win. Miami could do no wrong — LeBron James recorded a triple double but when he kicked the ball out the injured Mike Miller was knocked down threes like he was a decade younger. Miami turned up their defensive pressure, turned that into transition opportunities and there was nothing the Thunder could do.
For Heat fans, it was a thing of beauty. For the Thunder, it’s fuel for next year.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4