Jun 22, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
Thunder fans, you may want to avert your eyes. This wasn’t a pretty ending to your season.
But it was a real coronation of the Miami Heat as champions that turned into a rout and a 12-minute fourth quarter party leading up to the win. Miami could do no wrong — LeBron James recorded a triple double but when he kicked the ball out the injured Mike Miller was knocked down threes like he was a decade younger. Miami turned up their defensive pressure, turned that into transition opportunities and there was nothing the Thunder could do.
For Heat fans, it was a thing of beauty. For the Thunder, it’s fuel for next year.
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 0
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8