Jun 22, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
Thunder fans, you may want to avert your eyes. This wasn’t a pretty ending to your season.
But it was a real coronation of the Miami Heat as champions that turned into a rout and a 12-minute fourth quarter party leading up to the win. Miami could do no wrong — LeBron James recorded a triple double but when he kicked the ball out the injured Mike Miller was knocked down threes like he was a decade younger. Miami turned up their defensive pressure, turned that into transition opportunities and there was nothing the Thunder could do.
For Heat fans, it was a thing of beauty. For the Thunder, it’s fuel for next year.
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 6
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 32
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12