Jun 22, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
He’s going to take heat for this from some of you. The same way Chris Bosh did last year. It’s not manly to cry. He is a mama’s boy.
You say that and you would be wrong.
What we want from our stars is for them to care. To care about the team, to care about winning, to not just be playing for the money and the fame, but with passion.
Kevin Durant is showing you how much he cared. How much he wanted this. It hurts and if you are a Thunder fan — a basketball fan — you should be proud of him. He’s going to learn from this and the Thunder will be back.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18