Jun 22, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
He’s going to take heat for this from some of you. The same way Chris Bosh did last year. It’s not manly to cry. He is a mama’s boy.
You say that and you would be wrong.
What we want from our stars is for them to care. To care about the team, to care about winning, to not just be playing for the money and the fame, but with passion.
Kevin Durant is showing you how much he cared. How much he wanted this. It hurts and if you are a Thunder fan — a basketball fan — you should be proud of him. He’s going to learn from this and the Thunder will be back.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30