Jun 22, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
He’s going to take heat for this from some of you. The same way Chris Bosh did last year. It’s not manly to cry. He is a mama’s boy.
You say that and you would be wrong.
What we want from our stars is for them to care. To care about the team, to care about winning, to not just be playing for the money and the fame, but with passion.
Kevin Durant is showing you how much he cared. How much he wanted this. It hurts and if you are a Thunder fan — a basketball fan — you should be proud of him. He’s going to learn from this and the Thunder will be back.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15