Jun 22, 2012, 7:50 AM EST
Tony Parker is getting back on the court — just not that kind of court.
Tony Parker was out with his girl at a trendy SoHo nightclub the night a fight broke out between the camps of singer Chris Brown and rapper Drake. It was a good, old fashioned bar fight with mass confusion and flying bottles.
One of those bottles hit Parker in the eye, injuring him.
Now Parker has filed a $20 million lawsuit against the owners of the club saying they should have known better than to let the feuding celebrities (fighting over their mutual ex Rihanna) in the club at the same time, according to the New York Post.
In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Parker holds W.i.P.’s owners responsible for the “corneal laceration of the left eye and other injuries” he suffered in the bottle-throwing brawl at the now-shuttered Vandam Street club.
His lawyer, David Jaroslawicz, said the extent of Parker’s wounds aren’t yet known but noted eye injuries “certainly don’t improve your outside shot.”
First, $20 million? Second, is it on the owners that two guys in their club decided to act like fifth-graders, passing notes and getting into a fight?
I guess a judge or jury will get to decide that.
Parker is slated to play for France in the Olympics but he is missing the first week of camp in Paris while his eye heals
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17