Jun 22, 2012, 7:50 AM EDT
Tony Parker is getting back on the court — just not that kind of court.
Tony Parker was out with his girl at a trendy SoHo nightclub the night a fight broke out between the camps of singer Chris Brown and rapper Drake. It was a good, old fashioned bar fight with mass confusion and flying bottles.
One of those bottles hit Parker in the eye, injuring him.
Now Parker has filed a $20 million lawsuit against the owners of the club saying they should have known better than to let the feuding celebrities (fighting over their mutual ex Rihanna) in the club at the same time, according to the New York Post.
In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Parker holds W.i.P.’s owners responsible for the “corneal laceration of the left eye and other injuries” he suffered in the bottle-throwing brawl at the now-shuttered Vandam Street club.
His lawyer, David Jaroslawicz, said the extent of Parker’s wounds aren’t yet known but noted eye injuries “certainly don’t improve your outside shot.”
First, $20 million? Second, is it on the owners that two guys in their club decided to act like fifth-graders, passing notes and getting into a fight?
I guess a judge or jury will get to decide that.
Parker is slated to play for France in the Olympics but he is missing the first week of camp in Paris while his eye heals
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 16
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 47