Jun 22, 2012, 7:50 AM EDT
Tony Parker is getting back on the court — just not that kind of court.
Tony Parker was out with his girl at a trendy SoHo nightclub the night a fight broke out between the camps of singer Chris Brown and rapper Drake. It was a good, old fashioned bar fight with mass confusion and flying bottles.
One of those bottles hit Parker in the eye, injuring him.
Now Parker has filed a $20 million lawsuit against the owners of the club saying they should have known better than to let the feuding celebrities (fighting over their mutual ex Rihanna) in the club at the same time, according to the New York Post.
In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Parker holds W.i.P.’s owners responsible for the “corneal laceration of the left eye and other injuries” he suffered in the bottle-throwing brawl at the now-shuttered Vandam Street club.
His lawyer, David Jaroslawicz, said the extent of Parker’s wounds aren’t yet known but noted eye injuries “certainly don’t improve your outside shot.”
First, $20 million? Second, is it on the owners that two guys in their club decided to act like fifth-graders, passing notes and getting into a fight?
I guess a judge or jury will get to decide that.
Parker is slated to play for France in the Olympics but he is missing the first week of camp in Paris while his eye heals
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2