Jun 22, 2012, 7:50 AM EDT
Tony Parker is getting back on the court — just not that kind of court.
Tony Parker was out with his girl at a trendy SoHo nightclub the night a fight broke out between the camps of singer Chris Brown and rapper Drake. It was a good, old fashioned bar fight with mass confusion and flying bottles.
One of those bottles hit Parker in the eye, injuring him.
Now Parker has filed a $20 million lawsuit against the owners of the club saying they should have known better than to let the feuding celebrities (fighting over their mutual ex Rihanna) in the club at the same time, according to the New York Post.
In papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Parker holds W.i.P.’s owners responsible for the “corneal laceration of the left eye and other injuries” he suffered in the bottle-throwing brawl at the now-shuttered Vandam Street club.
His lawyer, David Jaroslawicz, said the extent of Parker’s wounds aren’t yet known but noted eye injuries “certainly don’t improve your outside shot.”
First, $20 million? Second, is it on the owners that two guys in their club decided to act like fifth-graders, passing notes and getting into a fight?
I guess a judge or jury will get to decide that.
Parker is slated to play for France in the Olympics but he is missing the first week of camp in Paris while his eye heals
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8