Jun 22, 2012, 8:31 AM EDT
Free agent point guard Raymond Felton wants to play in a system that works for him next year.
Of course, what he really wants to do is get the largest paycheck possible. But after that it’s about fit — he wants to be in an up-tempo offense again, Felton told SCNow.com (which is the combined site for several South Carolina media outlets (via IamaGM.com).
Felton said the ideal system for him would be similar to the fast-paced style the New York Knicks used when he was with the team two years ago.
New York is among the places he says he could end up next season. He says Portland also is still in the mix along with Phoenix and (Brooklyn).
Phoenix may need a point guard if Steve Nash leaves. New York is not going to be up-tempo and you know the offense is not running through the point guard on that team, so the fit is odd. Portland and Brooklyn could be good fits and have cap space but both teams are going through roster shuffling that makes it hard to predict.
And if some other team swoops in with a good offer, Felton will follow the trail of dollar bills wherever it leads him.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10