Jun 22, 2012, 8:31 AM EDT
Free agent point guard Raymond Felton wants to play in a system that works for him next year.
Of course, what he really wants to do is get the largest paycheck possible. But after that it’s about fit — he wants to be in an up-tempo offense again, Felton told SCNow.com (which is the combined site for several South Carolina media outlets (via IamaGM.com).
Felton said the ideal system for him would be similar to the fast-paced style the New York Knicks used when he was with the team two years ago.
New York is among the places he says he could end up next season. He says Portland also is still in the mix along with Phoenix and (Brooklyn).
Phoenix may need a point guard if Steve Nash leaves. New York is not going to be up-tempo and you know the offense is not running through the point guard on that team, so the fit is odd. Portland and Brooklyn could be good fits and have cap space but both teams are going through roster shuffling that makes it hard to predict.
And if some other team swoops in with a good offer, Felton will follow the trail of dollar bills wherever it leads him.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 31
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5