Jun 22, 2012, 8:31 AM EST
Free agent point guard Raymond Felton wants to play in a system that works for him next year.
Of course, what he really wants to do is get the largest paycheck possible. But after that it’s about fit — he wants to be in an up-tempo offense again, Felton told SCNow.com (which is the combined site for several South Carolina media outlets (via IamaGM.com).
Felton said the ideal system for him would be similar to the fast-paced style the New York Knicks used when he was with the team two years ago.
New York is among the places he says he could end up next season. He says Portland also is still in the mix along with Phoenix and (Brooklyn).
Phoenix may need a point guard if Steve Nash leaves. New York is not going to be up-tempo and you know the offense is not running through the point guard on that team, so the fit is odd. Portland and Brooklyn could be good fits and have cap space but both teams are going through roster shuffling that makes it hard to predict.
And if some other team swoops in with a good offer, Felton will follow the trail of dollar bills wherever it leads him.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 0
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 4
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8