Jun 21, 2012, 7:31 AM EDT
It’s just one of the legendary stories about how intense Michael Jordan was during practice for the Bulls…
The day he just punched Steve Kerr during practice.
“I disagreed with him one time,” Kerr said with a chuckle. “I think he punched me in the face.”
That disagreement happened during a scrimmage at training camp when Kerr took offense to something Jordan said, and he didn’t refrain from expressing his true feelings.
“It was one of the best things that ever happened for me, I needed to stand up and go back at him, I think I earned some respect. But we have a great relationship ever since… you gotta prove it and then once you prove it, you’re fine.”
So it was with Jordan — you needed to gain his respect and trust, and once you did it was all good. But getting there was not easy.
Kerr said he couldn’t recall what the dispute was even about anymore. You wonder if Jordan can.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4