Jun 21, 2012, 7:31 AM EDT
It’s just one of the legendary stories about how intense Michael Jordan was during practice for the Bulls…
The day he just punched Steve Kerr during practice.
“I disagreed with him one time,” Kerr said with a chuckle. “I think he punched me in the face.”
That disagreement happened during a scrimmage at training camp when Kerr took offense to something Jordan said, and he didn’t refrain from expressing his true feelings.
“It was one of the best things that ever happened for me, I needed to stand up and go back at him, I think I earned some respect. But we have a great relationship ever since… you gotta prove it and then once you prove it, you’re fine.”
So it was with Jordan — you needed to gain his respect and trust, and once you did it was all good. But getting there was not easy.
Kerr said he couldn’t recall what the dispute was even about anymore. You wonder if Jordan can.
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 0
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 6
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 14
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35