Jun 21, 2012, 7:31 AM EDT
It’s just one of the legendary stories about how intense Michael Jordan was during practice for the Bulls…
The day he just punched Steve Kerr during practice.
“I disagreed with him one time,” Kerr said with a chuckle. “I think he punched me in the face.”
That disagreement happened during a scrimmage at training camp when Kerr took offense to something Jordan said, and he didn’t refrain from expressing his true feelings.
“It was one of the best things that ever happened for me, I needed to stand up and go back at him, I think I earned some respect. But we have a great relationship ever since… you gotta prove it and then once you prove it, you’re fine.”
So it was with Jordan — you needed to gain his respect and trust, and once you did it was all good. But getting there was not easy.
Kerr said he couldn’t recall what the dispute was even about anymore. You wonder if Jordan can.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 4
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 36
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 29
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 25