Jun 21, 2012, 7:31 AM EST
It’s just one of the legendary stories about how intense Michael Jordan was during practice for the Bulls…
The day he just punched Steve Kerr during practice.
“I disagreed with him one time,” Kerr said with a chuckle. “I think he punched me in the face.”
That disagreement happened during a scrimmage at training camp when Kerr took offense to something Jordan said, and he didn’t refrain from expressing his true feelings.
“It was one of the best things that ever happened for me, I needed to stand up and go back at him, I think I earned some respect. But we have a great relationship ever since… you gotta prove it and then once you prove it, you’re fine.”
So it was with Jordan — you needed to gain his respect and trust, and once you did it was all good. But getting there was not easy.
Kerr said he couldn’t recall what the dispute was even about anymore. You wonder if Jordan can.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 6
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 11
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 22
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 40
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5