Jun 21, 2012, 3:18 PM EDT
The Houston Rockets — always an active team around the draft — are at it again. Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld tweeted this:
The Houston Rockets are shopping Samuel Dalembert, according to sources. He may be packaged with one of Houston’s first-round picks.
Other sources have since confirmed this.
The Rockets have the No. 14 and No. 16 picks in the first round. This would be a financial move for whoever took on Dalembert — he is owed $6.7 million for next year but he can be bought out for $1.5 million by July 8. Someone will buy him out. At which point he would become a free agent.
As for Dalembert, in a separate interview with Hoopsworld he says he wants to stay with the Rockets. And they have given no indication of their plans to him.
“No,” Dalembert said in an exclusive interview with HOOPSWORLD when asked if the Rockets have given him any indication what they might do. “They have so much to figure out this summer for themselves. I’m just going out there and making sure I get myself ready whether they keep me or not. I Just have to stay ready.
“I like it in Houston. It’s a very nice city. The people are very hospitable. The people are really good here, nice. It’s a good organization. I enjoy myself with the guys. We had good times, fun times.”
But the NBA is a business. And Dalembert is about to be reminded of that.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32