Jun 21, 2012, 3:18 PM EST
The Houston Rockets — always an active team around the draft — are at it again. Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld tweeted this:
The Houston Rockets are shopping Samuel Dalembert, according to sources. He may be packaged with one of Houston’s first-round picks.
Other sources have since confirmed this.
The Rockets have the No. 14 and No. 16 picks in the first round. This would be a financial move for whoever took on Dalembert — he is owed $6.7 million for next year but he can be bought out for $1.5 million by July 8. Someone will buy him out. At which point he would become a free agent.
As for Dalembert, in a separate interview with Hoopsworld he says he wants to stay with the Rockets. And they have given no indication of their plans to him.
“No,” Dalembert said in an exclusive interview with HOOPSWORLD when asked if the Rockets have given him any indication what they might do. “They have so much to figure out this summer for themselves. I’m just going out there and making sure I get myself ready whether they keep me or not. I Just have to stay ready.
“I like it in Houston. It’s a very nice city. The people are very hospitable. The people are really good here, nice. It’s a good organization. I enjoy myself with the guys. We had good times, fun times.”
But the NBA is a business. And Dalembert is about to be reminded of that.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 5
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 5
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 14
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 35
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)