Jun 21, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
We are just one week away from the NBA draft, and that means there are more rumors and reports than James Harden has beard combs.
Here are some highlights of the buzz on Thursday:
• The Bobcats are still looking to move the No. 2 overall pick, but they don’t want to go farther down the ladder than about No. 6 and they want quality prospect back with it, reports ProBasketballDraft (not affiliated with this site). That’s not really new so much as a confirmation of what we have already heard. I also bet it doesn’t happen.
• Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has worked out for the Bobcats, Wizards and Cavaliers and that’s going to be it. He is almost certainly going between 2 and 4 and he knows it. Actually, almost certainly 2 or 4 — the Wizards just traded for Trevor Ariza they don’t need another three fighting for minutes out there. Then again, they are the Wizards. If he did fall to 5 the Kings would grab him in a heartbeat.
• Michigan State’s Draymond Green is a guy that teams later in the first round really seem to like.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 0
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 44
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 64
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16