Jun 21, 2012, 10:35 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant is still the biggest brand in the NBA.
Others are in line for his crown, but if you want to use an NBA star to sell shoes or soft drink or whatever internationally, Kobe is the gold standard.
And he can sell jerseys, too.
The league announced the top NBA jersey sales internationally and Kobe was on top again. He sold the most jerseys in China, the most in Europe and the most in Latin America, too. Kobe is a true global brand. This really isn’t a surprise.
Second on the international list is Derrick Rose of the Bulls, followed by LeBron James, Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo. Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin and Kevin Durant round out the top 10.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13