Jun 21, 2012, 2:50 PM EST
LeBron James has always been a popular teammate. The guys in the locker room in Cleveland and Miami genuinely like him, see him as one of the guys and not aloof like some superstars.
That includes the Heat’s senior statesmen Juwan Howard.
He spoke with the Palm Beach Post about it after shootaround Wednesday before Game 5.
“Whenever that day happens, I will be so happy for him personally, because he truly deserves it,” Howard said. “He works extremely hard, he’s a team guy, he gets a lot of unfair criticism. And until you have walked in his shoes, you don’t know what it feels like to deal with all that. And my heart goes out to him, for how he handles it. And I respect him so much for how he handles it. A player of his caliber could be a total a——, but he’s the total opposite.”
“I might shed a tear, for him, if that ever happens.”
We’ll see if the Thunder can delay Howard’s tears on Thursday night.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 0
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5