Jun 21, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
LeBron James has always been a popular teammate. The guys in the locker room in Cleveland and Miami genuinely like him, see him as one of the guys and not aloof like some superstars.
That includes the Heat’s senior statesmen Juwan Howard.
He spoke with the Palm Beach Post about it after shootaround Wednesday before Game 5.
“Whenever that day happens, I will be so happy for him personally, because he truly deserves it,” Howard said. “He works extremely hard, he’s a team guy, he gets a lot of unfair criticism. And until you have walked in his shoes, you don’t know what it feels like to deal with all that. And my heart goes out to him, for how he handles it. And I respect him so much for how he handles it. A player of his caliber could be a total a——, but he’s the total opposite.”
“I might shed a tear, for him, if that ever happens.”
We’ll see if the Thunder can delay Howard’s tears on Thursday night.
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 0
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36