Jun 21, 2012, 9:35 AM EDT
Thunder sixth man James Harden is going to play in Game 5.
The Thunder need him to start playing well, but that’s another issue.
Thunder officials confirm Harden has a bruised hand but that it is not severe and he will go on Thursday night in Miami. The injury took place during Game 4 Tuesday night but Harden did practice with the team on Wednesday. He also got treatment and iced it.
Harden, who was the X-factor for the Thunder in this series, has not played well. He is 4-for-20 shooting the last two games with some key turnovers thrown in as well. He is a key reason the Thunder trail the Heat 3-1 and have their backs against the wall.
He’s been hesitant, and against an athletic defense like the Heat that ends poorly because they can recover so quickly. He used to look for his shot then create for others off that, but now he seems to be looking to pass first and it has thrown off his game. He also draws the defensive assignment of stopping LeBron James, which is going to wear any player out.
If the Thunder are going to get this series back to Oklahoma City the guy who was a force during the season needs to show up.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18