Jun 21, 2012, 9:35 AM EDT
Thunder sixth man James Harden is going to play in Game 5.
The Thunder need him to start playing well, but that’s another issue.
Thunder officials confirm Harden has a bruised hand but that it is not severe and he will go on Thursday night in Miami. The injury took place during Game 4 Tuesday night but Harden did practice with the team on Wednesday. He also got treatment and iced it.
Harden, who was the X-factor for the Thunder in this series, has not played well. He is 4-for-20 shooting the last two games with some key turnovers thrown in as well. He is a key reason the Thunder trail the Heat 3-1 and have their backs against the wall.
He’s been hesitant, and against an athletic defense like the Heat that ends poorly because they can recover so quickly. He used to look for his shot then create for others off that, but now he seems to be looking to pass first and it has thrown off his game. He also draws the defensive assignment of stopping LeBron James, which is going to wear any player out.
If the Thunder are going to get this series back to Oklahoma City the guy who was a force during the season needs to show up.
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 4
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 4
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 7
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 44
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 30