Jun 21, 2012, 9:35 AM EST
Thunder sixth man James Harden is going to play in Game 5.
The Thunder need him to start playing well, but that’s another issue.
Thunder officials confirm Harden has a bruised hand but that it is not severe and he will go on Thursday night in Miami. The injury took place during Game 4 Tuesday night but Harden did practice with the team on Wednesday. He also got treatment and iced it.
Harden, who was the X-factor for the Thunder in this series, has not played well. He is 4-for-20 shooting the last two games with some key turnovers thrown in as well. He is a key reason the Thunder trail the Heat 3-1 and have their backs against the wall.
He’s been hesitant, and against an athletic defense like the Heat that ends poorly because they can recover so quickly. He used to look for his shot then create for others off that, but now he seems to be looking to pass first and it has thrown off his game. He also draws the defensive assignment of stopping LeBron James, which is going to wear any player out.
If the Thunder are going to get this series back to Oklahoma City the guy who was a force during the season needs to show up.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 0
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39