Jun 21, 2012, 8:33 AM EST
Rob Hennigan has the job — he is the new general manager of the Orlando Magic — but as we said that instantly comes with some huge decisions.
Hennigan is going to focus on the draft and Dwight Howard first, getting to the coaching search after the draft, according to a tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
Brian Shaw, Mike Malone and Steve Clifford are league assistants who will be among considerations for Magic coaching job, sources tell Y!
Shaw and Malone are regulars on the coaching search carousel. Both are top assistants — Shaw formerly was Phil Jackson’s No. 2 and now works for the Pacers, Malone is currently working with Mark Jackson in Golden State.
Clifford is a top assistant currently with the Magic.
Hennigan may have other candidates in mind as well — who he picks should reflect the kind of team the Magic are going to build. Which comes back to if they keep or trade Dwight Howard. Bet on trade, he reportedly wants a new start and if he’s not going to sign an extension they need to make a move.
But not until after the draft.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 6
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 32
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20