Jun 20, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
We told you about how Ohio State big man Jared Sullinger reportedly was “red flagged” (to use an outdated term) by doctors at the NBA Draft Combine due to back issues.
While he and his agent have downplayed it, you knew there would be some impact. Like this tweet from Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News:
No surprise: The medical red flag on Jared Sulllinger means GSWs are not considering him for #7 pick. They weren’t that high on him anyway.
DraftExpress thought the Warriors would take Sullinger there (although with David Lee under contract and guys like Jeremy Lamb and Damian Lillard on the board that seemed an odd choice). However ESPN’s Chad Ford has Sullinger dropping all the way to Denver at No. 20.
Right now, a whole lot of GMs are weighing the risk vs. reward on Sullinger and he may well drop out of the lottery.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10