Jun 20, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
We told you about how Ohio State big man Jared Sullinger reportedly was “red flagged” (to use an outdated term) by doctors at the NBA Draft Combine due to back issues.
While he and his agent have downplayed it, you knew there would be some impact. Like this tweet from Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News:
No surprise: The medical red flag on Jared Sulllinger means GSWs are not considering him for #7 pick. They weren’t that high on him anyway.
DraftExpress thought the Warriors would take Sullinger there (although with David Lee under contract and guys like Jeremy Lamb and Damian Lillard on the board that seemed an odd choice). However ESPN’s Chad Ford has Sullinger dropping all the way to Denver at No. 20.
Right now, a whole lot of GMs are weighing the risk vs. reward on Sullinger and he may well drop out of the lottery.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28