Jun 20, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
We told you about how Ohio State big man Jared Sullinger reportedly was “red flagged” (to use an outdated term) by doctors at the NBA Draft Combine due to back issues.
While he and his agent have downplayed it, you knew there would be some impact. Like this tweet from Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News:
No surprise: The medical red flag on Jared Sulllinger means GSWs are not considering him for #7 pick. They weren’t that high on him anyway.
DraftExpress thought the Warriors would take Sullinger there (although with David Lee under contract and guys like Jeremy Lamb and Damian Lillard on the board that seemed an odd choice). However ESPN’s Chad Ford has Sullinger dropping all the way to Denver at No. 20.
Right now, a whole lot of GMs are weighing the risk vs. reward on Sullinger and he may well drop out of the lottery.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48