Jun 20, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
We told you about how Ohio State big man Jared Sullinger reportedly was “red flagged” (to use an outdated term) by doctors at the NBA Draft Combine due to back issues.
While he and his agent have downplayed it, you knew there would be some impact. Like this tweet from Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News:
No surprise: The medical red flag on Jared Sulllinger means GSWs are not considering him for #7 pick. They weren’t that high on him anyway.
DraftExpress thought the Warriors would take Sullinger there (although with David Lee under contract and guys like Jeremy Lamb and Damian Lillard on the board that seemed an odd choice). However ESPN’s Chad Ford has Sullinger dropping all the way to Denver at No. 20.
Right now, a whole lot of GMs are weighing the risk vs. reward on Sullinger and he may well drop out of the lottery.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 7
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4