Jun 20, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
We told you about how Ohio State big man Jared Sullinger reportedly was “red flagged” (to use an outdated term) by doctors at the NBA Draft Combine due to back issues.
While he and his agent have downplayed it, you knew there would be some impact. Like this tweet from Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News:
No surprise: The medical red flag on Jared Sulllinger means GSWs are not considering him for #7 pick. They weren’t that high on him anyway.
DraftExpress thought the Warriors would take Sullinger there (although with David Lee under contract and guys like Jeremy Lamb and Damian Lillard on the board that seemed an odd choice). However ESPN’s Chad Ford has Sullinger dropping all the way to Denver at No. 20.
Right now, a whole lot of GMs are weighing the risk vs. reward on Sullinger and he may well drop out of the lottery.
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 0
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 7
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 14
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)