Jun 19, 2012, 7:06 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• His players won’t believe it, but Thunder coach Scott Brooks could ball back in the day.
• The television ratings for Game 3 dipped a little from Game 3 last year, but overall this finals remains the most watched one since 2004 (the last year of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers). And starting with Game 5 is usually when you see ratings jump.
• David Stern is on an anti-flopping kick, but Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com says that flopping is just a symptom of the problem the league has with the charge/block call overall.
• The Knicks are having some conversations about bringing in Pablo Prigioni. Who is that, you ask? He is 35, has been an international star for Argentina, and has played most of his career in the Spanish ACB league. He’s got skills, but is he the guy you bring over now?
• If you’re looking for a point guard, Patty Mills has opted out and will be a free agent.
• Kyle Singler played last season in Europe but is returning and will try to make the cut with the Pistons this year. Expect to see him at Summer League.
• In an interesting bit of synergy, the president of the New Orleans Saints will add on the same role with the Hornets. Both teams are owned by Tom Benson and this kind of consolidation is pretty common in corporate mergers, but will it work with different sports? Something to watch.
• How the Thunder are starting to adjust to the Heat’s style of play.
• Finally, we bring you Lamar Odom in a Mike & Ike commercial. You read that right.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12