Jun 19, 2012, 7:06 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• His players won’t believe it, but Thunder coach Scott Brooks could ball back in the day.
• The television ratings for Game 3 dipped a little from Game 3 last year, but overall this finals remains the most watched one since 2004 (the last year of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers). And starting with Game 5 is usually when you see ratings jump.
• David Stern is on an anti-flopping kick, but Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com says that flopping is just a symptom of the problem the league has with the charge/block call overall.
• The Knicks are having some conversations about bringing in Pablo Prigioni. Who is that, you ask? He is 35, has been an international star for Argentina, and has played most of his career in the Spanish ACB league. He’s got skills, but is he the guy you bring over now?
• If you’re looking for a point guard, Patty Mills has opted out and will be a free agent.
• Kyle Singler played last season in Europe but is returning and will try to make the cut with the Pistons this year. Expect to see him at Summer League.
• In an interesting bit of synergy, the president of the New Orleans Saints will add on the same role with the Hornets. Both teams are owned by Tom Benson and this kind of consolidation is pretty common in corporate mergers, but will it work with different sports? Something to watch.
• How the Thunder are starting to adjust to the Heat’s style of play.
• Finally, we bring you Lamar Odom in a Mike & Ike commercial. You read that right.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3