Jun 19, 2012, 7:06 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• His players won’t believe it, but Thunder coach Scott Brooks could ball back in the day.
• The television ratings for Game 3 dipped a little from Game 3 last year, but overall this finals remains the most watched one since 2004 (the last year of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers). And starting with Game 5 is usually when you see ratings jump.
• David Stern is on an anti-flopping kick, but Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com says that flopping is just a symptom of the problem the league has with the charge/block call overall.
• The Knicks are having some conversations about bringing in Pablo Prigioni. Who is that, you ask? He is 35, has been an international star for Argentina, and has played most of his career in the Spanish ACB league. He’s got skills, but is he the guy you bring over now?
• If you’re looking for a point guard, Patty Mills has opted out and will be a free agent.
• Kyle Singler played last season in Europe but is returning and will try to make the cut with the Pistons this year. Expect to see him at Summer League.
• In an interesting bit of synergy, the president of the New Orleans Saints will add on the same role with the Hornets. Both teams are owned by Tom Benson and this kind of consolidation is pretty common in corporate mergers, but will it work with different sports? Something to watch.
• How the Thunder are starting to adjust to the Heat’s style of play.
• Finally, we bring you Lamar Odom in a Mike & Ike commercial. You read that right.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15