Jun 19, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
You know Tim Grover as the guy who made his name as Michael Jordan’s personal trainer. Now he’s kind of an NBA fitness guru and countless elite players make the pilgrimage to his Chicago gym to work out.
Dwayne Wade is one of those guys, and right now he could use the help — clearly slowed by his knee that is not right he has not been himself these finals. So he has called Grover (who had been in Los Angeles working with Kobe Bryant), reports Ethan Skolnick at the Palm Beach Post.
With Bryant’s permission, Grover flew to South Florida, arriving on Saturday, watching Game 3 of the NBA Finals from AmericanAirlines Arena on Sunday night, scheduled to stay a few days to work on Wade’s body and mind.
It is no secret that Wade’s lower legs – especially his left knee – have been bothering him throughout the playoffs. It is also not a secret that some in the organization were less than thrilled with the basketball condition in which Wade arrived to training camp this season, though Wade recently said he believed his offseason program had served him well during the lockout-compressed schedule.
I’m not sure how much he can help right now, but he doesn’t have to help much — just enough to get the Heat two more wins.
After these finals, don’t expect to see Wade in the Olympics.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27