Jun 19, 2012, 1:06 PM EST
You know Tim Grover as the guy who made his name as Michael Jordan’s personal trainer. Now he’s kind of an NBA fitness guru and countless elite players make the pilgrimage to his Chicago gym to work out.
Dwayne Wade is one of those guys, and right now he could use the help — clearly slowed by his knee that is not right he has not been himself these finals. So he has called Grover (who had been in Los Angeles working with Kobe Bryant), reports Ethan Skolnick at the Palm Beach Post.
With Bryant’s permission, Grover flew to South Florida, arriving on Saturday, watching Game 3 of the NBA Finals from AmericanAirlines Arena on Sunday night, scheduled to stay a few days to work on Wade’s body and mind.
It is no secret that Wade’s lower legs – especially his left knee – have been bothering him throughout the playoffs. It is also not a secret that some in the organization were less than thrilled with the basketball condition in which Wade arrived to training camp this season, though Wade recently said he believed his offseason program had served him well during the lockout-compressed schedule.
I’m not sure how much he can help right now, but he doesn’t have to help much — just enough to get the Heat two more wins.
After these finals, don’t expect to see Wade in the Olympics.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 4
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41