Jun 19, 2012, 10:24 PM EDT
Welcome to the Russell Westbrook show.
With the rest of the Thunder playing pretty pedestrian ball, Westbrook had 18 first half points on 9-of-15 shooting to lead the Thunder to an 49-46 lead at the half.
You get the feeling a real barnburner of a second half awaits.
As expected, the Thunder came out with a lot of energy and a sense of desperation. OKC opened the game on a 13-3 run, getting looks they wanted and knocking down jumpers. The Heat were shooting jumpers, too, which is never good for them.
Westbrook keyed this with 10 points on 5-of-7 shooting. The Thunder were up 33-19 after one.
But the Heat came back in the second quarter, winning it 27-16 behind some help from their role players — Mario Chalmers had 6 in the second quarter. LeBron James had 6, Dwyane Wade had 7 despite injuring his back on an awkward landing after a Serge Ibaka blocked shot. LeBron and Wade had 10 for the half. Durant has 12.
The second half is going to be another close one, like the last two games. But if it ends the same way the Thunder are in a lot of trouble.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19