Jun 19, 2012, 10:24 PM EDT
Welcome to the Russell Westbrook show.
With the rest of the Thunder playing pretty pedestrian ball, Westbrook had 18 first half points on 9-of-15 shooting to lead the Thunder to an 49-46 lead at the half.
You get the feeling a real barnburner of a second half awaits.
As expected, the Thunder came out with a lot of energy and a sense of desperation. OKC opened the game on a 13-3 run, getting looks they wanted and knocking down jumpers. The Heat were shooting jumpers, too, which is never good for them.
Westbrook keyed this with 10 points on 5-of-7 shooting. The Thunder were up 33-19 after one.
But the Heat came back in the second quarter, winning it 27-16 behind some help from their role players — Mario Chalmers had 6 in the second quarter. LeBron James had 6, Dwyane Wade had 7 despite injuring his back on an awkward landing after a Serge Ibaka blocked shot. LeBron and Wade had 10 for the half. Durant has 12.
The second half is going to be another close one, like the last two games. But if it ends the same way the Thunder are in a lot of trouble.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 7
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 17
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23