Jun 19, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
Kevin Durant is not a player prone to foul trouble — he tends to dish out fouls to the unfortunate souls tasked with covering him, not get in trouble himself.
But in the last two games Durant has been in foul trouble and it has dramatically impacted Oklahoma City’s offense and execution. Thunder coach Scott Brooks said before Game 4 his star player can’t let those fouls get into his head.
“You can’t worry about fouls, you really can’t,” Brooks said. “He had two games in a row where he has gotten into foul trouble. If he gets a third game, we’ve just got to deal with it. That’s what great players do….
“But he has to still be aggressive. We want Kevin to get to the free throw line himself. We feel that he is one of the best attack guys in the league.”
A few other notes from pregame in the AmericanAirlines Arena.
• Heat coach Erik Spoelstra’s pregame mantra was the Heat “have to play to our identity.”
“I’d like us to come out with the same aggressive mentality,” as Game 3, Spoelstra said. “We didn’t necessarily do things smoothly, but the mentality is what we need. Defensively we want to continue to be aggressive.”
“One of the things I did mention is both guys are very hard to guard. I don’t think anybody can guard the two best offensive players in the game one-on-one. You need a solid defender and you need a very good team defense behind it.
• We’ll see if that means we get more Thabo Sefolosha on LeBron in this one.
• To answer the most important question you have pregame, white towels are the giveaway.
• Spoelstra on the atmosphere in Miami and the AAA arena right now: “It’s electric in here. We don’t want to take it for granted, but it’s a great moment when your community gets behind you.”
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 14
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 15
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80