Jun 19, 2012, 9:36 AM EDT
The NBA draft is just 9 days away and rumors are flying — who is moving up the board, which teams want out, which teams want in. Here is a collection of rumors for Tuesday morning, but it comes with this caveat: Most of these will not come to pass. Take them all with a grain of salt.
• Teams have fallen for Florida shooting guard Bradley Beal and, while he has only worked out for the top four teams in the draft that will be enough. He is not falling past the Cavaliers at No. 4, reports Hoopsworld’s Alex Kennedy (who provides a lot of the rumors on this page), but frankly he may not get that far. Washington at No. 3 likes him also.
• Lots of buzz that the Raptors might move their No. 8 pick, but don’t bet on it. They are more likely to keep it.
• There have been consistent rumors the Celtics would like to package picks No. 20 and 21 (plus maybe a role player) to move up in the draft.
• Basically that follows the buzz from a few corners that a lot of teams in the bottom half of the first round want out. For example, the Thunder reportedly don’t want another young player owed garunteed money.
• Brooklyn reportedly would like to move into the first round. Of course they would, but what are they going to give up that people want to get it?
• The Bucks reportedly want to jump up into the top 10 of the draft.
• France’s Evan Fournier has worked out for just about everybody. The 6’7” combo guard impressed our own Brett Pollakoff at adidas EuroCamp in Italy.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 0
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24