Jun 19, 2012, 6:08 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade’s life is like yours in this way — things only go really wrong at the worst possible time.
Wade is battling custody issues with his ex-wife — they went through a nasty divorce a couple years ago — and that ended up with Wade’s attorney in court Tuesday, hours before the start of the NBA finals Game 4, reports the Associated Press.
Dwyane Wade has asked a Chicago judge to suspend his ex-wife’s right to visitation with their two children after a weekend incident that delayed the boys’ return to his custody and led to her arrest…
Wade told The Associated Press that his sons have been with him in Miami since about 6 a.m. Sunday – “That’s what mattered most to me, getting them here to be with me on Father’s Day,” he said – and that the incident has not adversely affected his play in the championship series.
Siohvaughn Funches-Wade was charged with two counts of attempted child abduction, two counts of unlawful visitation interference and one count of resisting arrest, Cook County Sheriff’s spokesman Frank Bilecki told The AP on Tuesday. Another woman at the home at the time, Nadgee Alarcon, was charged with one count of resisting arrest, Bilecki said. All the charges are misdemeanors.
Custody issues were a big part of the drawn out, bitter divorce between Wade and his ex-wife back in 2010. Wade won primary custody of the children. Wade has a book coming out this fall about fatherhood and his custody battle.
- Timberwolves run newspaper ad announcing Kevin Love-Andrew Wiggins trade with Cavaliers 19
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54