Jun 19, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
There’s an interesting free agent point guard class. Deron Williams is the big catch while Steve Nash could be a great short-term boost to some team. Then there are interesting players who could really help the right team.
But that’s no sure thing. Miller and Denver are talking about staying together, reports the Denver Post.
Nuggets executive Masai Ujiri has said that he and Miller, a 36-year-old free agent, have had positive discussions about Miller returning to Denver. Miller is one of coach George Karl’s favorite players. If he returns to the Nuggets, Miller will continue to play big minutes off the bench.
Smart money still has him moving on, but a good relationship with the coach matters to veterans.
The Nuggets are supposed to be leaning point guard in the upcoming NBA Draft, but it depends on who is available at No. 20. If they bring in a young buck, there are worse guys to learn from than Miller and Lawson.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 4
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 7
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 11
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 4
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 37
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1