Jun 19, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
There’s an interesting free agent point guard class. Deron Williams is the big catch while Steve Nash could be a great short-term boost to some team. Then there are interesting players who could really help the right team.
But that’s no sure thing. Miller and Denver are talking about staying together, reports the Denver Post.
Nuggets executive Masai Ujiri has said that he and Miller, a 36-year-old free agent, have had positive discussions about Miller returning to Denver. Miller is one of coach George Karl’s favorite players. If he returns to the Nuggets, Miller will continue to play big minutes off the bench.
Smart money still has him moving on, but a good relationship with the coach matters to veterans.
The Nuggets are supposed to be leaning point guard in the upcoming NBA Draft, but it depends on who is available at No. 20. If they bring in a young buck, there are worse guys to learn from than Miller and Lawson.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9