Jun 19, 2012, 5:37 PM EST
There’s an interesting free agent point guard class. Deron Williams is the big catch while Steve Nash could be a great short-term boost to some team. Then there are interesting players who could really help the right team.
But that’s no sure thing. Miller and Denver are talking about staying together, reports the Denver Post.
Nuggets executive Masai Ujiri has said that he and Miller, a 36-year-old free agent, have had positive discussions about Miller returning to Denver. Miller is one of coach George Karl’s favorite players. If he returns to the Nuggets, Miller will continue to play big minutes off the bench.
Smart money still has him moving on, but a good relationship with the coach matters to veterans.
The Nuggets are supposed to be leaning point guard in the upcoming NBA Draft, but it depends on who is available at No. 20. If they bring in a young buck, there are worse guys to learn from than Miller and Lawson.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 18
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 34
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)