Jun 19, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
There’s an interesting free agent point guard class. Deron Williams is the big catch while Steve Nash could be a great short-term boost to some team. Then there are interesting players who could really help the right team.
But that’s no sure thing. Miller and Denver are talking about staying together, reports the Denver Post.
Nuggets executive Masai Ujiri has said that he and Miller, a 36-year-old free agent, have had positive discussions about Miller returning to Denver. Miller is one of coach George Karl’s favorite players. If he returns to the Nuggets, Miller will continue to play big minutes off the bench.
Smart money still has him moving on, but a good relationship with the coach matters to veterans.
The Nuggets are supposed to be leaning point guard in the upcoming NBA Draft, but it depends on who is available at No. 20. If they bring in a young buck, there are worse guys to learn from than Miller and Lawson.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41