Jun 19, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
There’s an interesting free agent point guard class. Deron Williams is the big catch while Steve Nash could be a great short-term boost to some team. Then there are interesting players who could really help the right team.
But that’s no sure thing. Miller and Denver are talking about staying together, reports the Denver Post.
Nuggets executive Masai Ujiri has said that he and Miller, a 36-year-old free agent, have had positive discussions about Miller returning to Denver. Miller is one of coach George Karl’s favorite players. If he returns to the Nuggets, Miller will continue to play big minutes off the bench.
Smart money still has him moving on, but a good relationship with the coach matters to veterans.
The Nuggets are supposed to be leaning point guard in the upcoming NBA Draft, but it depends on who is available at No. 20. If they bring in a young buck, there are worse guys to learn from than Miller and Lawson.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 32
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 27
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3