Jun 18, 2012, 5:26 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• A judge has thrown out Cuttino Mobley’s lawsuit claiming the New York Knicks forced him to retire after they discovered a life-threatening heart condition.
• A fantastic interview with Christian Laettner, including about his Dream Team experience.
• Likely top-3 pick Michael Kidd-Gilchrist tweaked his back during his workout for the Bobcats Monday, but it is not considered serious enough to cause him to miss future workouts for other teams.
• UConn center and draft enigma Andre Drummond said he has dropped 22 pounds since the end of his college years as he prepped for the NBA Draft. You can take that one of two ways: Either he is serious about the draft and getting himself together, or you can ask why wasn’t he motivated in college and what happens when he gets a good payday?
• The Celtics have reached kind of a hybrid agreement to have the Maine Red Claws as their affiliate. By the way, Maine Red Claws is easily my favorite D-League team name.
• Czech guard Tomas Satoransky — who impressed our own Brett Pollakoff at adidas EuroCamp — will remain in the 2012 NBA Draft.
• Disgraced NBA referee Tim Donaghy won his lawsuit against the publisher of his book.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 0
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 17
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 26
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (51)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)