Jun 18, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
What’s it been like to be LeBron James the past couple years?
“You ever been to an amusement park?” he says. “That’s what my life has been like. Twists and turns. Up and down. Uh-oh, here we go, the roller-coaster is going into the dark hole again. Where’s the light? There’s the light. Up and down. Back into the dark hole. Back in the light. That’s what my life has been like.”
But more than ever the past few months, LeBron has seemed comfortable with it.
Some have called it determination, but LeBron doesn’t play at his peak if he’s not comfortable, if the game’s not fun for him. Right now, he seems to have found that mental place. Maybe it’s because his fiance and kids have moved down, maybe he’s just used to it. Whatever it is, he’s able to play at a high level, take command of the team from a banged up Dwyane Wade. The demands on him in these finals are plenty, but he’s carrying that far more comfortably that ever before.
And with two more wins, the ride will come to a stop. For now.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6