Jun 18, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
What’s it been like to be LeBron James the past couple years?
“You ever been to an amusement park?” he says. “That’s what my life has been like. Twists and turns. Up and down. Uh-oh, here we go, the roller-coaster is going into the dark hole again. Where’s the light? There’s the light. Up and down. Back into the dark hole. Back in the light. That’s what my life has been like.”
But more than ever the past few months, LeBron has seemed comfortable with it.
Some have called it determination, but LeBron doesn’t play at his peak if he’s not comfortable, if the game’s not fun for him. Right now, he seems to have found that mental place. Maybe it’s because his fiance and kids have moved down, maybe he’s just used to it. Whatever it is, he’s able to play at a high level, take command of the team from a banged up Dwyane Wade. The demands on him in these finals are plenty, but he’s carrying that far more comfortably that ever before.
And with two more wins, the ride will come to a stop. For now.
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 0
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 3
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 20
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8