Jun 18, 2012, 3:06 PM EDT
Dallas is going to be reshaping its roster this summer. They’d like that to be ideally with Deron Williams running the point, but however it all goes down there will be changes in Big D.
Jason Terry could be one of those. He is a free agent, one Dallas would like to bring back. But he’s not coming back on the cheap.
“It’s a tough situation,” Terry said. “I’m finally in a position where I can kind of predict my own future, so to speak. I want to stay here in Dallas. That’s always been my goal. But it needs to be long-term. If they’re not ready to step up and do that, then I’ll have to make my home elsewhere.”
There’s a theory that if Dallas can’t land D-Will they will want to keep guys on one year deals, keeping their options open for future years. Terry isn’t playing that game.
“I won’t be here,” Terry said if the Mavericks take that route. “You can count on that. If they’re doing that, you won’t see the Jet on the runway in Dallas. But my time here was good.”
This summer is going to be a hot and interesting one in Texas.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17