Jun 18, 2012, 3:06 PM EDT
Dallas is going to be reshaping its roster this summer. They’d like that to be ideally with Deron Williams running the point, but however it all goes down there will be changes in Big D.
Jason Terry could be one of those. He is a free agent, one Dallas would like to bring back. But he’s not coming back on the cheap.
“It’s a tough situation,” Terry said. “I’m finally in a position where I can kind of predict my own future, so to speak. I want to stay here in Dallas. That’s always been my goal. But it needs to be long-term. If they’re not ready to step up and do that, then I’ll have to make my home elsewhere.”
There’s a theory that if Dallas can’t land D-Will they will want to keep guys on one year deals, keeping their options open for future years. Terry isn’t playing that game.
“I won’t be here,” Terry said if the Mavericks take that route. “You can count on that. If they’re doing that, you won’t see the Jet on the runway in Dallas. But my time here was good.”
This summer is going to be a hot and interesting one in Texas.
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 2
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 48
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17