Jun 18, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
And we have a winner in our strangest video of the day contest…
As we told you was coming a couple years ago, the NBA has teamed up with a Chinese film studio to have NBA stars — Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, plus Yi Jianlian and former Bull Scottie Pippen — appear in a Chinese science-fiction movie that will feel like the Tron movie I wish I’d never paid to see.
“Amazing,” a production by the Shanghai Film Group, tells the story of a fictional world known as “The Sixth Sense.” It uses basketball imagery to combine the visual elements of a video game with a movie, akin to the 2010 American science fiction film “Tron: Legacy.”
“For the NBA, this partnership with industry leader Shanghai Film Group represents an important first step to engage our fans in entertainment all across China,” said (CEO of NBA China David) Shoemaker.
“Resident Evil” star Eric Mabius also is in the film. The movie is supposed to be released this summer in China.
Hat tip to Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie for finding the video.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9