Jun 18, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
And we have a winner in our strangest video of the day contest…
As we told you was coming a couple years ago, the NBA has teamed up with a Chinese film studio to have NBA stars — Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, plus Yi Jianlian and former Bull Scottie Pippen — appear in a Chinese science-fiction movie that will feel like the Tron movie I wish I’d never paid to see.
“Amazing,” a production by the Shanghai Film Group, tells the story of a fictional world known as “The Sixth Sense.” It uses basketball imagery to combine the visual elements of a video game with a movie, akin to the 2010 American science fiction film “Tron: Legacy.”
“For the NBA, this partnership with industry leader Shanghai Film Group represents an important first step to engage our fans in entertainment all across China,” said (CEO of NBA China David) Shoemaker.
“Resident Evil” star Eric Mabius also is in the film. The movie is supposed to be released this summer in China.
Hat tip to Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie for finding the video.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)