Jun 18, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
And we have a winner in our strangest video of the day contest…
As we told you was coming a couple years ago, the NBA has teamed up with a Chinese film studio to have NBA stars — Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, plus Yi Jianlian and former Bull Scottie Pippen — appear in a Chinese science-fiction movie that will feel like the Tron movie I wish I’d never paid to see.
“Amazing,” a production by the Shanghai Film Group, tells the story of a fictional world known as “The Sixth Sense.” It uses basketball imagery to combine the visual elements of a video game with a movie, akin to the 2010 American science fiction film “Tron: Legacy.”
“For the NBA, this partnership with industry leader Shanghai Film Group represents an important first step to engage our fans in entertainment all across China,” said (CEO of NBA China David) Shoemaker.
“Resident Evil” star Eric Mabius also is in the film. The movie is supposed to be released this summer in China.
Hat tip to Dan Devine of Ball Don’t Lie for finding the video.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16