Jun 17, 2012, 9:31 PM EST
This time, there was no slow start by the Thunder.
In Game 3 they got down 10-4 but came back with James Harden early and the result was a close first half, with the Heat leading much of the way but never coming close to pulling away.
It is 47-46 Heat at the half of what promises to be a barnburner of a second half.
Miami is doing their work inside — they are getting their shots in the paint but only shot 41 percent for the half. The key was they grabbed 10 offensive rebounds — on 38.5 percent of their missed shots they got the offensive rebound. That is the difference.
LeBron James led the attacks inside and had 16 points in the first half. Dwyane Wade had 11 points but was just 5-of-15 shooting to get there. As a team the Heat started out just 4-of-13 shooting in the second quarter.
- The Extra Pass: Golden State’s Elevator Screen plus Wednesday’s recaps 0
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Vintage Dwyane Wade sighting 1
- Heat come from 15 down to even season series with Pacers 28
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 12
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)