Jun 17, 2012, 9:31 PM EST
This time, there was no slow start by the Thunder.
In Game 3 they got down 10-4 but came back with James Harden early and the result was a close first half, with the Heat leading much of the way but never coming close to pulling away.
It is 47-46 Heat at the half of what promises to be a barnburner of a second half.
Miami is doing their work inside — they are getting their shots in the paint but only shot 41 percent for the half. The key was they grabbed 10 offensive rebounds — on 38.5 percent of their missed shots they got the offensive rebound. That is the difference.
LeBron James led the attacks inside and had 16 points in the first half. Dwyane Wade had 11 points but was just 5-of-15 shooting to get there. As a team the Heat started out just 4-of-13 shooting in the second quarter.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 14
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 16
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17