Jun 17, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
This time, there was no slow start by the Thunder.
In Game 3 they got down 10-4 but came back with James Harden early and the result was a close first half, with the Heat leading much of the way but never coming close to pulling away.
It is 47-46 Heat at the half of what promises to be a barnburner of a second half.
Miami is doing their work inside — they are getting their shots in the paint but only shot 41 percent for the half. The key was they grabbed 10 offensive rebounds — on 38.5 percent of their missed shots they got the offensive rebound. That is the difference.
LeBron James led the attacks inside and had 16 points in the first half. Dwyane Wade had 11 points but was just 5-of-15 shooting to get there. As a team the Heat started out just 4-of-13 shooting in the second quarter.
- Klay Thompson should not have been allowed to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 0
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 12
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 12
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 73