Jun 17, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
This time, there was no slow start by the Thunder.
In Game 3 they got down 10-4 but came back with James Harden early and the result was a close first half, with the Heat leading much of the way but never coming close to pulling away.
It is 47-46 Heat at the half of what promises to be a barnburner of a second half.
Miami is doing their work inside — they are getting their shots in the paint but only shot 41 percent for the half. The key was they grabbed 10 offensive rebounds — on 38.5 percent of their missed shots they got the offensive rebound. That is the difference.
LeBron James led the attacks inside and had 16 points in the first half. Dwyane Wade had 11 points but was just 5-of-15 shooting to get there. As a team the Heat started out just 4-of-13 shooting in the second quarter.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 76
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32