Jun 16, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
The rumors are true, and for better or worse, Brandon Roy is going to give it another go. Roy’s friend Will Conroy said on Twitter that he and Roy were together answering questions Friday night, and provided photo evidence.
Roy retired this season due to his knee condition which robbed him of most of his games over the past three seasons. But Roy has hinted more than once in media interviews over the past six months that he intends to make a comeback. And if the conversation with Twitter via his friend Conroy actually was him, he confirmed the rumors. Brandon Roy wants back in the game.
@JoshHamiltonUW yes I’m preparing for a comeback. I’m training daily
— will conroy (@CHILLCONROY) June 16, 2012
Now, we have no way to confirm that it was actually Roy speaking on the Twitter dialogue, and saying you want back is different from actually being able to. But this is the first real confirmation we’ve got that Brandon Roy doesn’t consider himself done with professional basketball.
You hope for the best, but Roy was such a shell of himself over the past few seasons, and you don’t want to see him suffer through any more disappointment. But you could say the same about any situation in which the human spirit overcame physical limitations. I guess all we can do is wait and watch, and hope for Brandon Roy to return.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 25
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 7
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 31
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22