Jun 16, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
The rumors are true, and for better or worse, Brandon Roy is going to give it another go. Roy’s friend Will Conroy said on Twitter that he and Roy were together answering questions Friday night, and provided photo evidence.
Roy retired this season due to his knee condition which robbed him of most of his games over the past three seasons. But Roy has hinted more than once in media interviews over the past six months that he intends to make a comeback. And if the conversation with Twitter via his friend Conroy actually was him, he confirmed the rumors. Brandon Roy wants back in the game.
@JoshHamiltonUW yes I’m preparing for a comeback. I’m training daily
— will conroy (@CHILLCONROY) June 16, 2012
Now, we have no way to confirm that it was actually Roy speaking on the Twitter dialogue, and saying you want back is different from actually being able to. But this is the first real confirmation we’ve got that Brandon Roy doesn’t consider himself done with professional basketball.
You hope for the best, but Roy was such a shell of himself over the past few seasons, and you don’t want to see him suffer through any more disappointment. But you could say the same about any situation in which the human spirit overcame physical limitations. I guess all we can do is wait and watch, and hope for Brandon Roy to return.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29