Tony Parker injures eye during Drake/Chris Brown fight

Jun 15, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT

San Antonio Spurs v Atlanta Hawks Getty Images

So Tony Parker was just sitting there minding his own business in a hot New York bar with his hot new girlfriend — as superstar NBA players are wont to do — when the perfect storm of a TMZ story broke out.

Rapper Drake and R&B singer Chris Brown got in a fight reportedly over Rihanna (who both of them dated, but she is now reportedly hanging with the Knicks’ J.R. Smith). Personally, I kind of picture that as a slap fight, but apparently it got pretty nasty and pretty big, what with the entourages and all.

And Parker nearly suffered a pretty serious sounding eye injury, he told a French media outlet, via NBC affiliate WOAI in San Antonio and Project Spurs.

“I was quietly with my friends when a fight broke out. Bottles started flying everywhere. I tried to protect my girlfriend and I got everything,” Parker said, wearing sunglasses to hide the wound.

“The cornea is affected. I cannot do anything for seven days. Wear a therapeutic contact lens and I get drops. I was lucky, that I almost had to get stitches,” he added.

Parker is about to start preparations with the French national team for the London Olympics.

Knicks guard Iman Shumpert also was reportedly in the club but got out uninjured.

1. 69jaredallen69 - Jun 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Chris Brown fans will somehow justify that Parker got what was coming to him and Brown had nothing to do with it. No respect for Brown as he is a woman beater

• gmen4life33 - Jun 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM

What about Drake? all reports say he and his friends were the ones ACTUALLY throwing the bottles. Chris’ friends might have started the mess by screaming stuff, but the throwing of bottles wasnt Chris. Oh, and I have no respect for that woman beater either

• mikeewright7 - Jun 15, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Ima respond not because im a Chris Brown fan (which i am) but im tired of people trying to throw that in his face, seriously women being abused has been going on for years even before chris brown but everybody wanna make it seem like he started it and ill say thats hating on him cause he made one mistake, udk what happened in that car

im not saying this for likes or dislikes idc but God is the only person that can judge ppl for bad choices/mistakes

as far as Tony Parker he dont derseve that hopefully he heals up but nobody there as a standby derserved that,
      but once again it may or may not be chris brown fault, u wasnt there so dont blame only Chris Brown!

• smoothaswilkes - Jun 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM

you are an idiot. that is all.

• hartdaddy - Jun 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Damn…all I can say….wow…

• gmen4life33 - Jun 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM

he didnt beat her that bad? he almost killed her. google the full police transcript of what happened. it is seriously distrubing how violent it was. it wasnt a punch or two (not saying even that is ok), it was BRUTAL. like Rihanna thought she was about to die BRUTAL.

she keeps messing with him because she has serious mental issues. women who get beat sometimes feel the person cares for them and thats why they do it. messed up

• cbt22 - Jun 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM

So just because it was a few years ago we shouldn’t still hate on him for that? Are you serious? I mean really do you think violently hitting a WOMEN in the face is something that we should forget after a few years. Dude come on NO MAN SHOULD EVER HIT A WOMEN regardless and if you do all it shows is you have no ability to handle situations that are out of your control. Also if he has done it once I’m sure he has done it multiple time before. Also remember when he broke a window on the today show? What a stand up guy that really deserves to have this tiny little mistake forgotten. Chris Brown is a coward who doesn’t deserve the money and fame he gets but people will think that abusing a women isn’t a big deal and still love this waste of space.

• ratflop - Jun 15, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Clown comment, bro.

• thesixersbench - Jun 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

“it was 3-4 years ago get over it, Rihanna’s fine and she’s still messing with him so he must didnt beat her that bad,”

You – AND Chris Brown – should be put in a capsule and shot to the moon. On second thought, make that Mars. The moon is too close.

• mikeewright7 - Jun 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

LOl 3 likes and 70+ dislikes awww man i must be popular, wonder if i said anything wrong?

gmen4life
        im not going to google anything i honestly dont care for the report, they had a fight it was 3-4 years ago and im not saying forget about it but its time to move on from it, thats all ppl have on him is that one incident, you wanna talk about something thats never going away is how George Bush got elected twice talk about that, OAN im sure you didnt google to whole report all u saw were prolly the pictures that were posted. I never said he was right or that its ok to beat a woman im just saying its time to move on from it…

ill be an idiot thats fine idgaf what you or whoever else think bout my comment,
        i dont judge no one, at the end of the day he and whoever else beats women or beat (singular) women has to deal with GOD thats the moral of my comment, nobody is perfect noone including the @$$holes commenting on this

“Chris Brown is a coward who doesn’t deserve the money and fame he gets but people will think that abusing a women isn’t a big deal and still love this waste of space”
        exactly what do you do with your life?^^^^^^^^

despite his personal life i think his music is great and he works hard on his performance so i think its well deserve…#This is called Hating I believe

and im sorry u think rappers are idiots i mean most rockstars sell their souls to the devil but that get overlooked…..y?

• cbt22 - Jun 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Say Chris cheated on Rihana, makes him a bad person but after a couple years you forgive and forget. But I just think you cant move past some one beating the women he supposedly loves and cares for. And I think you need to look at Chris Browns liner notes because i am willing to bet he doesn’t write most of his songs or produce his beats. As far as what i am doing in my life, i actually have a good paying Job and run a successful media production company on the side. Am i rich and famous no I am not but i am comfortable in how i live and make more then enough money for myself and also give to charity and volunteer. I also use common sense when i go through life everyday and realized that beating women no matter how long ago it was is something that is never forgivable and people that do it even once don’t deserve the time of day from anyone.

• mikeewright7 - Jun 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Well applaud yourself for creating a great and successful lifestyle for you and you (family kids wife etc) <————–if you have any) I can respect that
        Like i said i understand abusing a woman is not right no matter what the reason were, but that should be the same for males and animals as well, no one should be beaten!

"And I think you need to look at Chris Browns liner notes because i am willing to bet he doesn’t write most of his songs or produce his beats"

Im sure he doesnt write them all either but that dont take away the way he performs or sings, im also more then positive he writes and and have a say so in some/alot esp now..
        Im a fan of Chris Brown but im also a person with who looks at both sides stories/results
        I do not think its right to continue to knock someone down because of a horrible choice he made, it hasnt happen more then once (well atleast not reported) so maybe he learned or maybe he didnt who knows, no one and i mean no man or woman walking this earth can judge Chris Brown cause everyone commits sin, no sin bigger then the other…thats all im saying

NOBODY IS BETTER THEN nobody in this world, we just tend to work harder then the avrg

• dannymac17 - Jun 15, 2012 at 8:18 PM

• okcallday - Jun 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM

kill yourself.

• spellingcops - Jun 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Mikeewright7, please do the world a favor & go play in traffic. You’re a pathetic excuse for a human being, and you should not be allowed near a computer keyboard as well. I’m surprised you haven’t used the race card yet.

• badintent - Jun 17, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Hope your mom, and sister get beaten by men, then tell me it’s OK ?? That crack still working for ya ? Don’t need God to judge for me, I can make up my mind real fine.Send Chris to jail, 3X loser. He can hit Micheal Jackson high notes in showers after the boys get through working him out. hee, hee.

• cordae - Jun 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Not one, but TWO stupid millionaires fighting over p***y that belongs to neither one of them, and I get damn near blinded because of it?…….I’d sue both of their vaginally-whipped a$$es.

ESPECIALLY with the kinda lawyers Parker is able to get.

2. rickyspanish - Jun 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM

mikeewright7

Worthless comment for a worthless article.

3. sportsjoker - Jun 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Rappers and athletes. Living the good life…

4. thenmoveback - Jun 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Rapper are idiots… Most of them at least.

• chicitybulls - Jun 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM

And rockers are ok? Dont single out rappers like rockers are saints. Makes you seem racist. Just sayin.

• thenmoveback - Jun 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I dont automatically view rappers to be a specific race but u do i guess and I never said rockers weren’t idiots I was just commenting on this article about 2 idiot rappers. U know the women beating, bottle throwing, cough syrup drinking, attention hogs fighting in a club. Just saying

• chicitybulls - Jun 19, 2012 at 12:31 PM

you dont have to say a specific race to imply something. That’s the same way when people use the term “thug” or “ghetto”. Race isn’t stated there either but is implied. And only 1 was accused of beating 1 woman, not women. And neither rapper actually threw a bottle. Cough syrup drinking? Really? That’s not a blanket statement at all. You’re right.

• cullenand99 - Jun 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Well… that’s what hip-hop has come to. A bunch of idiots throwing their money around that glorify degrading money. The days of KRS-One, 2Pac, Common, and Talib Kweli/Mos Def (all who actually had something to say), have come and gone. Even guys like Rakim who didn’t drop n—a or b–ch every five words, are non-existent in the “mainstream” music (which is what most teenagers and young kids listen to).

• cullenand99 - Jun 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM

*degrading woman, not *degrading money

• metalhead65 - Jun 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

rap is not music.

• cullenand99 - Jun 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I don’t want to start an argument about music on a basketball website, but hip-hop is more of music than Metal (AKA Scream Your Lungs Out) will ever be. Ya feel me?

• dal24la - Jun 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Chris Brown is NOT a rapper. It even stated that in the story.
      Good job by Kurt for recognizing that. I get annoyed by websites calling him a rapper.

5. isujames - Jun 15, 2012 at 3:36 PM

HEAT, HEAT, HEAT, HEAT, MIAMI HEAT. IF YOU CAN’T STAND THE HEAT GET YOUR ASS OUT THE KITCHEN. HEAT IN 5!!!!!

6. retief1954 - Jun 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Big-city high-end club dwellers… idiots.

7. mamsy2000 - Jun 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM

WOW! The comment above from mikeewright is so stupid that it’s almost funny. I feel sorry for any females in his life.

8. soldierofislam - Jun 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Beating mikewright7 would constitute as besting a woman.

9. mikeewright7 - Jun 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM

thesixersbench
    and you should tell your team to get out the second round 76ers fan..#pathetic as fan base
    or stay on the bench and wait ur turn to speak lol #bum

• philadelphiafan - Jun 16, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Dont rag on my team that got further then you or anyone expected. You like to talk about “hating” well u just defined it for us.

• illegalblues - Jun 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM

man, you are one dense dude #getbackinschool #nightclassesson

10. mikeewright7 - Jun 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LMAO thats funny

11. seanb20124 - Jun 15, 2012 at 6:03 PM

@meekmill behind dis craziness. Stay in ya lane son

12. cheers4ablumpkin - Jun 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Why would they fight over that dumb bitch? She’s Hott and I’d do her but she’s just a straight up cunt. She over reacted everything.

13. test2402 - Jun 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Rappers are trash. Trash.

14. stropcity - Jun 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Oh, my bad – I thought this was a a site for NBA discussion.

15. nicosanchez02 - Jun 15, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Wow, hide your kids, hide your wife, they throwin bottles at everybody!

16. albie23 - Jun 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Everyone needs to STFU already! Who gives a fuck bout what happened 3-4 years ago. She returned so she obviously enjoyed it! If it happens again, you can’t feel sorry for her.

17. foozeball - Jun 16, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Anyone else think that the people posting comments to support Chris Brown have probably abused a woman themselves? I mean come on, I don’t care how long ago it was, anytime a negative incident involving Chris Brown happens the abuse is going to be brought up. History matters, just ask Metta World Peace

18. clowncavernius - Jun 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Metal head saying rap is in music. not saying what they did was right in that club. but have you ever seen a moshpit. I’ve seen girls getting punched in the grill in those lol. they just refuse to comment or write articles about that type of thing because it mostly involves young white youth as opposed to young black youth.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches