Jun 15, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
So Tony Parker was just sitting there minding his own business in a hot New York bar with his hot new girlfriend — as superstar NBA players are wont to do — when the perfect storm of a TMZ story broke out.
Rapper Drake and R&B singer Chris Brown got in a fight reportedly over Rihanna (who both of them dated, but she is now reportedly hanging with the Knicks’ J.R. Smith). Personally, I kind of picture that as a slap fight, but apparently it got pretty nasty and pretty big, what with the entourages and all.
“I was quietly with my friends when a fight broke out. Bottles started flying everywhere. I tried to protect my girlfriend and I got everything,” Parker said, wearing sunglasses to hide the wound.
“The cornea is affected. I cannot do anything for seven days. Wear a therapeutic contact lens and I get drops. I was lucky, that I almost had to get stitches,” he added.
Parker is about to start preparations with the French national team for the London Olympics.
Knicks guard Iman Shumpert also was reportedly in the club but got out uninjured.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18