Jun 15, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
So Tony Parker was just sitting there minding his own business in a hot New York bar with his hot new girlfriend — as superstar NBA players are wont to do — when the perfect storm of a TMZ story broke out.
Rapper Drake and R&B singer Chris Brown got in a fight reportedly over Rihanna (who both of them dated, but she is now reportedly hanging with the Knicks’ J.R. Smith). Personally, I kind of picture that as a slap fight, but apparently it got pretty nasty and pretty big, what with the entourages and all.
“I was quietly with my friends when a fight broke out. Bottles started flying everywhere. I tried to protect my girlfriend and I got everything,” Parker said, wearing sunglasses to hide the wound.
“The cornea is affected. I cannot do anything for seven days. Wear a therapeutic contact lens and I get drops. I was lucky, that I almost had to get stitches,” he added.
Parker is about to start preparations with the French national team for the London Olympics.
Knicks guard Iman Shumpert also was reportedly in the club but got out uninjured.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31