Jun 15, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
So Tony Parker was just sitting there minding his own business in a hot New York bar with his hot new girlfriend — as superstar NBA players are wont to do — when the perfect storm of a TMZ story broke out.
Rapper Drake and R&B singer Chris Brown got in a fight reportedly over Rihanna (who both of them dated, but she is now reportedly hanging with the Knicks’ J.R. Smith). Personally, I kind of picture that as a slap fight, but apparently it got pretty nasty and pretty big, what with the entourages and all.
“I was quietly with my friends when a fight broke out. Bottles started flying everywhere. I tried to protect my girlfriend and I got everything,” Parker said, wearing sunglasses to hide the wound.
“The cornea is affected. I cannot do anything for seven days. Wear a therapeutic contact lens and I get drops. I was lucky, that I almost had to get stitches,” he added.
Parker is about to start preparations with the French national team for the London Olympics.
Knicks guard Iman Shumpert also was reportedly in the club but got out uninjured.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 32
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 65
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19