Jun 15, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Mehmet Okur, the oft-injured veteran big man who was traded from the Nets to the Trail Blazers last deadline but was waived by Portland before he ever set foot on the court, may be leaving the NBA.
Okur, a free agent, may return to play in his native Turkey, tweets David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz.
Reports out of the Turkish media that Mehmet Okur might return to Turkey and sign with Fenerbahce Ulker
Okur, the former All-Star big man with the Jazz, has played just 30 games total over the past two seasons due to a bad back. At age 33 any NBA offers he gets will be for the league minimum, but for the Istanbul-based Fenerbahce Ulker he would still be a huge draw (and the fewer games per week with less travel might suit his body better). Nothing definitive, but something to watch.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 9
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71