Jun 15, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Mehmet Okur, the oft-injured veteran big man who was traded from the Nets to the Trail Blazers last deadline but was waived by Portland before he ever set foot on the court, may be leaving the NBA.
Okur, a free agent, may return to play in his native Turkey, tweets David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz.
Reports out of the Turkish media that Mehmet Okur might return to Turkey and sign with Fenerbahce Ulker
Okur, the former All-Star big man with the Jazz, has played just 30 games total over the past two seasons due to a bad back. At age 33 any NBA offers he gets will be for the league minimum, but for the Istanbul-based Fenerbahce Ulker he would still be a huge draw (and the fewer games per week with less travel might suit his body better). Nothing definitive, but something to watch.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16