Jun 15, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Mehmet Okur, the oft-injured veteran big man who was traded from the Nets to the Trail Blazers last deadline but was waived by Portland before he ever set foot on the court, may be leaving the NBA.
Okur, a free agent, may return to play in his native Turkey, tweets David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz.
Reports out of the Turkish media that Mehmet Okur might return to Turkey and sign with Fenerbahce Ulker
Okur, the former All-Star big man with the Jazz, has played just 30 games total over the past two seasons due to a bad back. At age 33 any NBA offers he gets will be for the league minimum, but for the Istanbul-based Fenerbahce Ulker he would still be a huge draw (and the fewer games per week with less travel might suit his body better). Nothing definitive, but something to watch.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)