Jun 15, 2012, 11:31 PM EDT
So where does the former Sixth Man of the Year — who has put up pretty pedestrian numbers the last couple seasons — want to play next? Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio reports some rumors on that.
Teams said to be on his radar include the Heat, Clippers, Kings, Knicks and Cavaliers.
If you look at that list, the question becomes does he want to get paid or does he want to contend.
With the Heat, he could provide scoring off the bench but they can only offer the mini mid-level at most ($3 million, and he made $5 million last year). Plus, Crawford would be relegated to more spot-up shooting, something he did at a 35.2 percent clip last season.
The Kicks could use the scoring, too, but they can offer less (because they will have to use their mid-level on Jeremy Lin or another point guard. And again, the ball would likely be in his hands less (hello ‘Melo!) and 48.1 percent of his offense came from isolation as the pick-and-roll ball handler last season.
The Clippers could offer a full mid-level ($5 million), and they need a two guard. However, what they really need is not scoring but defense out of their two guard. Not sure about the fit.
The Kings could pay but not sure they need another wing player. The Cavs could use him and they have cap space.
It’s going to be interesting to see where he lands.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 9
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 7
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 24
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games