Jun 15, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
With Jerry Sloan pulling himself out of the running for the Bobcats head coaching job — for whatever reason — it left just Brian Shaw and Quin Snyder walking around the one chair and waiting for the music to stop.
But Shaw could be eyeing a chair across the room — the Magic are reportedly interested in him as a coach, once they figure out who their general manager is. Which brings us to this interesting note from the very well connected Kevin Ding at the Orange County Register.
Former Lakers assistant Brian Shaw, who spent the past year as an associate head coach for the Indiana Pacers, is believed to prefer the Orlando Magic head job to the Bobcats’ one.
You know which job Brian Shaw is going to take? The first one offered. He wants a head coaching job and he’s not turning down a Charlotte offer for what Orlando might do. If Neil Olshey and Portland come out of left field and move first with a decent offer he will go there. If the Bobcats want him, move before Orlando.
If Shaw went to Orlando, the Bobcats may end up with Snyder. Shaw is the former Phil Jackson assistant now with the Pacers, Snyder is a Lakers assistant.
Orlando is a franchise with a history of some success, plus you will either have Dwight Howard or some pieces that come back in a Howard trade to build around. The Bobcats have the No. 2 pick and Kemba Walker. I get why Shaw might prefer Orlando. But for your first head coaching job you take one before they all dry up.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 7
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 17
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23