Jun 15, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Plans for a new arena in Seattle, one that could house an NBA team, got a boost of local support with a rally where thousands of Seattle residents showed up to support the idea. Seattle’s mayor also met with David Stern last week. The process is off to a good start but has a long way to go.
• In a good sign, it was announced Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and Peter and Erik Nordstrom will be part of the investment team looking to build the arena and bring an NBA team to the city.
• Detlef Schrempf said that Seattle gave away it’s team.
• Jay-Z is opening a new 40/40 club in the Barclay Center in Brooklyn when the Nets move in next year. No, you won’t be able to get in that one either.
• After Game 1 of the finals in Oklahoma City ‘lil Wayne again thought he was treated poorly by the Thunder organization. My sense is that the people of Oklahoma really don’t care.
• Current Lakers/former Cavaliers coach Mike Brown hopes LeBron wins his first ring.
• Sonny Weems played last season in Lithuania this year but is ready to return to the NBA.
• David Stern does an interview without getting in an argument with the host. He talks lockout and playoffs.
• The Bulls are moving ahead with a plan to move their practice facility into the city near the United Center.
• Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley talks about the sale of the team to Robert Pera.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:06 AM EDT
New floor should be in place for the start of the 2014-15 season.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Professional sports franchises are businesses above all else, and typically would rather avoid politics.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:44 PM EDT
Sep 30, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Everyone wants to derail the 76ers’ plan
Sep 30, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
I don’t know whether this helps Kentucky’s players. It opens Calipari’s options, though.
Sep 30, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
Now we know what show promos TNT is going to beat us over the head with during the next playoffs.
Sep 30, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Expectations are reduced, but Miami still has the chance to be pretty a pretty good team — even without LeBron James.
Sep 30, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Sep 30, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
John Wall fires back: ‘They haven’t seen a playoff game yet. When they make one they can start talking.’
Sep 30, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Thunder center has a new, um intense, loook
Sep 30, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
Mike Miller being amnestied may have been the first domino to fall in LeBron bolting.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Sep 30, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Is Melo even a superstar?
Sep 30, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
LeBron could miss Cavaliers’ practice tonight
Sep 30, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
The NBA is just more fun with Swaggy P in it.
Sep 30, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
It does — at least Kobe’s
Sep 30, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Manning leads by detailed preparation and then an ability to read a defense, a good example for any point guard.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
GM Ainge hints he’d offer the max to Rondo next summer.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
We could see a lot more of this during the season.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36