Jun 15, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Plans for a new arena in Seattle, one that could house an NBA team, got a boost of local support with a rally where thousands of Seattle residents showed up to support the idea. Seattle’s mayor also met with David Stern last week. The process is off to a good start but has a long way to go.
• In a good sign, it was announced Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and Peter and Erik Nordstrom will be part of the investment team looking to build the arena and bring an NBA team to the city.
• Detlef Schrempf said that Seattle gave away it’s team.
• Jay-Z is opening a new 40/40 club in the Barclay Center in Brooklyn when the Nets move in next year. No, you won’t be able to get in that one either.
• After Game 1 of the finals in Oklahoma City ‘lil Wayne again thought he was treated poorly by the Thunder organization. My sense is that the people of Oklahoma really don’t care.
• Current Lakers/former Cavaliers coach Mike Brown hopes LeBron wins his first ring.
• Sonny Weems played last season in Lithuania this year but is ready to return to the NBA.
• David Stern does an interview without getting in an argument with the host. He talks lockout and playoffs.
• The Bulls are moving ahead with a plan to move their practice facility into the city near the United Center.
• Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley talks about the sale of the team to Robert Pera.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15