Jun 15, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Plans for a new arena in Seattle, one that could house an NBA team, got a boost of local support with a rally where thousands of Seattle residents showed up to support the idea. Seattle’s mayor also met with David Stern last week. The process is off to a good start but has a long way to go.
• In a good sign, it was announced Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and Peter and Erik Nordstrom will be part of the investment team looking to build the arena and bring an NBA team to the city.
• Detlef Schrempf said that Seattle gave away it’s team.
• Jay-Z is opening a new 40/40 club in the Barclay Center in Brooklyn when the Nets move in next year. No, you won’t be able to get in that one either.
• After Game 1 of the finals in Oklahoma City ‘lil Wayne again thought he was treated poorly by the Thunder organization. My sense is that the people of Oklahoma really don’t care.
• Current Lakers/former Cavaliers coach Mike Brown hopes LeBron wins his first ring.
• Sonny Weems played last season in Lithuania this year but is ready to return to the NBA.
• David Stern does an interview without getting in an argument with the host. He talks lockout and playoffs.
• The Bulls are moving ahead with a plan to move their practice facility into the city near the United Center.
• Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley talks about the sale of the team to Robert Pera.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49