Jun 15, 2012, 1:42 PM EST
Not many people can know what feels like to be LeBron James — the most talented and most despised player of a generation. An amazing talent people are convinced will never come through on the biggest stage.
Alex Rodriguez has walked a mile in those shoes.
The Yankee — who now has his ring with New York from 2009 — said he is pulling for the Heat in the NBA finals because he feels for LeBron. Rodriguez was on ESPN Radio in New York, as transcribed by the Miami Herald.
Sometimes I feel so bad for him,” Rodriguez said. “I feel like I feel his pain more than anybody….
“LeBron is definitely under the microscope,” Rodriguez said. “He is going to be judged on whether he wins a championship. So, yeah, I’m really hoping he gets this one behind him, and I’m cheering for the Heat, but ’09 was a career changer for me.”
I’m not sure one ring will be enough for some of LeBron’s critics. I’m not sure there will ever be enough for some.
But until he wins one the public perception of LeBron will not change. This season may be his best chance yet, but with the Heat roster as it is now he will have to not only lead but also be exceptional for it to happen.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12