Jun 15, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT
Not many people can know what feels like to be LeBron James — the most talented and most despised player of a generation. An amazing talent people are convinced will never come through on the biggest stage.
Alex Rodriguez has walked a mile in those shoes.
The Yankee — who now has his ring with New York from 2009 — said he is pulling for the Heat in the NBA finals because he feels for LeBron. Rodriguez was on ESPN Radio in New York, as transcribed by the Miami Herald.
Sometimes I feel so bad for him,” Rodriguez said. “I feel like I feel his pain more than anybody….
“LeBron is definitely under the microscope,” Rodriguez said. “He is going to be judged on whether he wins a championship. So, yeah, I’m really hoping he gets this one behind him, and I’m cheering for the Heat, but ’09 was a career changer for me.”
I’m not sure one ring will be enough for some of LeBron’s critics. I’m not sure there will ever be enough for some.
But until he wins one the public perception of LeBron will not change. This season may be his best chance yet, but with the Heat roster as it is now he will have to not only lead but also be exceptional for it to happen.
- Report: Timberwolves make push to acquire Eric Bledsoe with max offer in sign-and-trade 0
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25