Jun 15, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT
Not many people can know what feels like to be LeBron James — the most talented and most despised player of a generation. An amazing talent people are convinced will never come through on the biggest stage.
Alex Rodriguez has walked a mile in those shoes.
The Yankee — who now has his ring with New York from 2009 — said he is pulling for the Heat in the NBA finals because he feels for LeBron. Rodriguez was on ESPN Radio in New York, as transcribed by the Miami Herald.
Sometimes I feel so bad for him,” Rodriguez said. “I feel like I feel his pain more than anybody….
“LeBron is definitely under the microscope,” Rodriguez said. “He is going to be judged on whether he wins a championship. So, yeah, I’m really hoping he gets this one behind him, and I’m cheering for the Heat, but ’09 was a career changer for me.”
I’m not sure one ring will be enough for some of LeBron’s critics. I’m not sure there will ever be enough for some.
But until he wins one the public perception of LeBron will not change. This season may be his best chance yet, but with the Heat roster as it is now he will have to not only lead but also be exceptional for it to happen.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 0
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 53
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 11
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 15
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14