Jun 14, 2012, 10:14 AM EDT
One day into the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago last week, Syracuse guard Dion Waiters shut it down — he was not working out for any more teams. That means he got a draft promise from some team.
I’ve been told by two NBA officials that it is the Phoenix Suns, who pick right after the Bucks
The Suns may have a lot of minutes to give out at guard if Steve Nash leaves as a free agent.
One thing to watch: Don’t be shocked if some team like the Raptors (No. 8) pick him as part of a pre-arranged draft day trade. That way the Suns get their guy and the Raptors would get the No. 13 pick and another player (or future pick).
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 4
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 18
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 26
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy