Jun 14, 2012, 10:14 AM EST
One day into the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago last week, Syracuse guard Dion Waiters shut it down — he was not working out for any more teams. That means he got a draft promise from some team.
I’ve been told by two NBA officials that it is the Phoenix Suns, who pick right after the Bucks
The Suns may have a lot of minutes to give out at guard if Steve Nash leaves as a free agent.
One thing to watch: Don’t be shocked if some team like the Raptors (No. 8) pick him as part of a pre-arranged draft day trade. That way the Suns get their guy and the Raptors would get the No. 13 pick and another player (or future pick).
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 10
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29