Jun 14, 2012, 10:14 AM EDT
One day into the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago last week, Syracuse guard Dion Waiters shut it down — he was not working out for any more teams. That means he got a draft promise from some team.
I’ve been told by two NBA officials that it is the Phoenix Suns, who pick right after the Bucks
The Suns may have a lot of minutes to give out at guard if Steve Nash leaves as a free agent.
One thing to watch: Don’t be shocked if some team like the Raptors (No. 8) pick him as part of a pre-arranged draft day trade. That way the Suns get their guy and the Raptors would get the No. 13 pick and another player (or future pick).
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 0
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 4
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40