Jun 14, 2012, 10:14 AM EDT
One day into the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago last week, Syracuse guard Dion Waiters shut it down — he was not working out for any more teams. That means he got a draft promise from some team.
I’ve been told by two NBA officials that it is the Phoenix Suns, who pick right after the Bucks
The Suns may have a lot of minutes to give out at guard if Steve Nash leaves as a free agent.
One thing to watch: Don’t be shocked if some team like the Raptors (No. 8) pick him as part of a pre-arranged draft day trade. That way the Suns get their guy and the Raptors would get the No. 13 pick and another player (or future pick).
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 20
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8