Jun 14, 2012, 10:14 AM EST
One day into the NBA Draft Combine in Chicago last week, Syracuse guard Dion Waiters shut it down — he was not working out for any more teams. That means he got a draft promise from some team.
I’ve been told by two NBA officials that it is the Phoenix Suns, who pick right after the Bucks
The Suns may have a lot of minutes to give out at guard if Steve Nash leaves as a free agent.
One thing to watch: Don’t be shocked if some team like the Raptors (No. 8) pick him as part of a pre-arranged draft day trade. That way the Suns get their guy and the Raptors would get the No. 13 pick and another player (or future pick).
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 11
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 30
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 16
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)