Jun 14, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
It’s always one of the concerns in the back of your mind as we head into the workout season, when guys trying to get drafted are doing private workouts for teams. What if a guy gets injured?
Stefanski says Lamb rolled his ankle early in first workout and was shut down.
Shut down doesn’t mean it’s serious because everybody is going to be very cautious right now. Lamb was treated by the Raptors training staff but did not speak to the media afterward. We will update when we have information, but if this is simply an ankle sprain he could rest for a week or so before resuming workouts.
Lamb could end up being the best of a quality crop of good two guards in this draft — he is the most athletic and can jump out of the building, plus he is a good defender. But he needs a better shot, especially from distance, and he seemed to float through games at points and not be engaged. The questions are not about the tools but rather if he has any idea how to really use them.
He’s a bit of a gamble. DraftExpress has the Raptors taking him at No. 8 but don’t be shocked if he falls a few slots. Not out of the lottery, but if a team wants less risk in their pick they may pass. But just a few spots lower the potential upside on Lamb if he lives up to his physical gifts is too much to pass up.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 12
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 32
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 22
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64