Jun 14, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
It’s always one of the concerns in the back of your mind as we head into the workout season, when guys trying to get drafted are doing private workouts for teams. What if a guy gets injured?
Stefanski says Lamb rolled his ankle early in first workout and was shut down.
Shut down doesn’t mean it’s serious because everybody is going to be very cautious right now. Lamb was treated by the Raptors training staff but did not speak to the media afterward. We will update when we have information, but if this is simply an ankle sprain he could rest for a week or so before resuming workouts.
Lamb could end up being the best of a quality crop of good two guards in this draft — he is the most athletic and can jump out of the building, plus he is a good defender. But he needs a better shot, especially from distance, and he seemed to float through games at points and not be engaged. The questions are not about the tools but rather if he has any idea how to really use them.
He’s a bit of a gamble. DraftExpress has the Raptors taking him at No. 8 but don’t be shocked if he falls a few slots. Not out of the lottery, but if a team wants less risk in their pick they may pass. But just a few spots lower the potential upside on Lamb if he lives up to his physical gifts is too much to pass up.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6