Jun 14, 2012, 1:51 PM EST
It’s always one of the concerns in the back of your mind as we head into the workout season, when guys trying to get drafted are doing private workouts for teams. What if a guy gets injured?
Stefanski says Lamb rolled his ankle early in first workout and was shut down.
Shut down doesn’t mean it’s serious because everybody is going to be very cautious right now. Lamb was treated by the Raptors training staff but did not speak to the media afterward. We will update when we have information, but if this is simply an ankle sprain he could rest for a week or so before resuming workouts.
Lamb could end up being the best of a quality crop of good two guards in this draft — he is the most athletic and can jump out of the building, plus he is a good defender. But he needs a better shot, especially from distance, and he seemed to float through games at points and not be engaged. The questions are not about the tools but rather if he has any idea how to really use them.
He’s a bit of a gamble. DraftExpress has the Raptors taking him at No. 8 but don’t be shocked if he falls a few slots. Not out of the lottery, but if a team wants less risk in their pick they may pass. But just a few spots lower the potential upside on Lamb if he lives up to his physical gifts is too much to pass up.
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 0
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 16
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 39
- Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls 41
- The Extra Pass: Four teams for three spots in West playoff race 7