Jun 13, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
It was an impressive win for the Thunder in Game 1 0f the NBA finals. They can ask their Heat counterparts — who won Game 1 against Dallas last finals — what that means long-term.
To help break down what happened and look ahead to Game 2 we speak with Darnell Mayberry, the Thunder beat writer for the Oklahoman (who you should be following on twitter, he does fantastic coverage). We talk about the impact of the Thunder in football country, the impact of the Thunder role players and even a little about what LeBron James can do to change things.
I expect a much closer game 2, but the Thunder players are very comfortable at home and they will be tough to knock off because of it.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8