Jun 13, 2012, 10:30 PM EST
It was an impressive win for the Thunder in Game 1 0f the NBA finals. They can ask their Heat counterparts — who won Game 1 against Dallas last finals — what that means long-term.
To help break down what happened and look ahead to Game 2 we speak with Darnell Mayberry, the Thunder beat writer for the Oklahoman (who you should be following on twitter, he does fantastic coverage). We talk about the impact of the Thunder in football country, the impact of the Thunder role players and even a little about what LeBron James can do to change things.
I expect a much closer game 2, but the Thunder players are very comfortable at home and they will be tough to knock off because of it.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13