Jun 13, 2012, 10:30 PM EST
It was an impressive win for the Thunder in Game 1 0f the NBA finals. They can ask their Heat counterparts — who won Game 1 against Dallas last finals — what that means long-term.
To help break down what happened and look ahead to Game 2 we speak with Darnell Mayberry, the Thunder beat writer for the Oklahoman (who you should be following on twitter, he does fantastic coverage). We talk about the impact of the Thunder in football country, the impact of the Thunder role players and even a little about what LeBron James can do to change things.
I expect a much closer game 2, but the Thunder players are very comfortable at home and they will be tough to knock off because of it.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)