Jun 13, 2012, 10:30 PM EST
It was an impressive win for the Thunder in Game 1 0f the NBA finals. They can ask their Heat counterparts — who won Game 1 against Dallas last finals — what that means long-term.
To help break down what happened and look ahead to Game 2 we speak with Darnell Mayberry, the Thunder beat writer for the Oklahoman (who you should be following on twitter, he does fantastic coverage). We talk about the impact of the Thunder in football country, the impact of the Thunder role players and even a little about what LeBron James can do to change things.
I expect a much closer game 2, but the Thunder players are very comfortable at home and they will be tough to knock off because of it.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 4
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15