Jun 13, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
It was an impressive win for the Thunder in Game 1 0f the NBA finals. They can ask their Heat counterparts — who won Game 1 against Dallas last finals — what that means long-term.
To help break down what happened and look ahead to Game 2 we speak with Darnell Mayberry, the Thunder beat writer for the Oklahoman (who you should be following on twitter, he does fantastic coverage). We talk about the impact of the Thunder in football country, the impact of the Thunder role players and even a little about what LeBron James can do to change things.
I expect a much closer game 2, but the Thunder players are very comfortable at home and they will be tough to knock off because of it.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 0
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24