Jun 13, 2012, 3:44 PM EST
Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo left the court before the final buzzer even sounded when the Miami Heat beat the Celtics in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals. They didn’t stick around for the post-game handshake like mature adults.
Then Garnett did not speak to the media.
That violates league rules, so Wednesday the league slapped a $25,000 fine on Garnett. All players need to make themselves available to the media after playoff games. Even Eddie Curry. Rondo did speak to the media and was not fined.
My question is, if Garnett decides to retire how does the league collect on that?
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 4
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 6
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 39
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5