Jun 13, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo left the court before the final buzzer even sounded when the Miami Heat beat the Celtics in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals. They didn’t stick around for the post-game handshake like mature adults.
Then Garnett did not speak to the media.
That violates league rules, so Wednesday the league slapped a $25,000 fine on Garnett. All players need to make themselves available to the media after playoff games. Even Eddie Curry. Rondo did speak to the media and was not fined.
My question is, if Garnett decides to retire how does the league collect on that?
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 4
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25