Jun 13, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo left the court before the final buzzer even sounded when the Miami Heat beat the Celtics in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals. They didn’t stick around for the post-game handshake like mature adults.
Then Garnett did not speak to the media.
That violates league rules, so Wednesday the league slapped a $25,000 fine on Garnett. All players need to make themselves available to the media after playoff games. Even Eddie Curry. Rondo did speak to the media and was not fined.
My question is, if Garnett decides to retire how does the league collect on that?
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 32
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 14
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0