Jun 13, 2012, 3:44 PM EST
Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo left the court before the final buzzer even sounded when the Miami Heat beat the Celtics in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals. They didn’t stick around for the post-game handshake like mature adults.
Then Garnett did not speak to the media.
That violates league rules, so Wednesday the league slapped a $25,000 fine on Garnett. All players need to make themselves available to the media after playoff games. Even Eddie Curry. Rondo did speak to the media and was not fined.
My question is, if Garnett decides to retire how does the league collect on that?
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30