Jun 13, 2012, 3:44 PM EST
Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo left the court before the final buzzer even sounded when the Miami Heat beat the Celtics in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals. They didn’t stick around for the post-game handshake like mature adults.
Then Garnett did not speak to the media.
That violates league rules, so Wednesday the league slapped a $25,000 fine on Garnett. All players need to make themselves available to the media after playoff games. Even Eddie Curry. Rondo did speak to the media and was not fined.
My question is, if Garnett decides to retire how does the league collect on that?
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 0
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 4
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8