Jun 13, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
Kevin Durant started out shooting 1-of-5. Russell Westbrook seemed to be trying to do too much. The Thunder were hanging around but no looking like the team that in the past couple weeks had easily knocked off the Spurs and Lakers.
They were nervous. Kevin Durant owned up to it his postgame press conference.
“Like (Westbrook) said, it kind of took us a couple minutes to get the nervousness out of us and the jitters out of it. We’ve just got to play our game….
“You know, just being in The Finals, we kind of was nervous, I guess. That’s something we can’t — it can’t happen next game or the rest of the series. Just got to come out with a lot of energy, and hopefully we do it next game.”
He’s right, the Heat will come out harder and faster next game and the Thunder have to match that. But the nerves should be behind them. Hopefully for Thunder fans.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37