Jun 13, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
Kevin Durant started out shooting 1-of-5. Russell Westbrook seemed to be trying to do too much. The Thunder were hanging around but no looking like the team that in the past couple weeks had easily knocked off the Spurs and Lakers.
They were nervous. Kevin Durant owned up to it his postgame press conference.
“Like (Westbrook) said, it kind of took us a couple minutes to get the nervousness out of us and the jitters out of it. We’ve just got to play our game….
“You know, just being in The Finals, we kind of was nervous, I guess. That’s something we can’t — it can’t happen next game or the rest of the series. Just got to come out with a lot of energy, and hopefully we do it next game.”
He’s right, the Heat will come out harder and faster next game and the Thunder have to match that. But the nerves should be behind them. Hopefully for Thunder fans.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 16
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4