Jun 13, 2012, 8:05 AM EST
Kevin Durant started out shooting 1-of-5. Russell Westbrook seemed to be trying to do too much. The Thunder were hanging around but no looking like the team that in the past couple weeks had easily knocked off the Spurs and Lakers.
They were nervous. Kevin Durant owned up to it his postgame press conference.
“Like (Westbrook) said, it kind of took us a couple minutes to get the nervousness out of us and the jitters out of it. We’ve just got to play our game….
“You know, just being in The Finals, we kind of was nervous, I guess. That’s something we can’t — it can’t happen next game or the rest of the series. Just got to come out with a lot of energy, and hopefully we do it next game.”
He’s right, the Heat will come out harder and faster next game and the Thunder have to match that. But the nerves should be behind them. Hopefully for Thunder fans.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11