Jun 13, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
Kevin Durant started out shooting 1-of-5. Russell Westbrook seemed to be trying to do too much. The Thunder were hanging around but no looking like the team that in the past couple weeks had easily knocked off the Spurs and Lakers.
They were nervous. Kevin Durant owned up to it his postgame press conference.
“Like (Westbrook) said, it kind of took us a couple minutes to get the nervousness out of us and the jitters out of it. We’ve just got to play our game….
“You know, just being in The Finals, we kind of was nervous, I guess. That’s something we can’t — it can’t happen next game or the rest of the series. Just got to come out with a lot of energy, and hopefully we do it next game.”
He’s right, the Heat will come out harder and faster next game and the Thunder have to match that. But the nerves should be behind them. Hopefully for Thunder fans.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10